Hph needed

Green weenie

I honestly don't blame the guys that are buying several of any one type of baits for personal use, donations, whatever. Flippers are a different story all together. But again they wouldn't survive if it weren't for the guys buying their baits. I don't know Ralph the "River Pirate", so it would be impossible to say either way whether he's a quality guy either way. But from the topic standpoint, I can't fault him for stocking up on a bait that he likes and wants to secure his ability to fish it in the future, or even hand down to his family or anyone else for that matter. I think it's only an issue because certain baits just so happen to be the hot ticket rt now. If it were some bait that didn't have the popularity no one would ever care either way if someone had 2, 20,or 200! Hell I guess I'm guilty of it too, except my stockpile just isn't consisted of anything anyone wants, haha,, although a certain one of my buddy's points out daily that my lil hoard of DOAs is pretty vast, even though I'm the only one I know who even likes em, and good thing, cause I'm sure I'd be widely hated if they ever became popular!!!

I think it's natural to hate the guy who has what you want, , hell I drive past several houses every day in my neighborhood that have their garage doors up showing off their multiple ferraris & lambos, do I hate them? Nahhh,, but I sure would like one, prob same way someone sees one of my many somethings, or Ralphs dozens of hot baits. Work harder, go make more $$$,, that's what I've been doing this past year to support my addiction to swimbaits & everything else! I gate a lot of hate mail to for me "raping" the black market, from people having 0 idea what type of work I have to do to afford it, or the hours of overtime worked to afford it all,, haha, and you guys only see what I buy here... glad Tackle Warehouse or all the other places i buy stuff, don't have a forum! Haha

So not to derail the thread,, if someone wants to buy my place in line for a pretty popular shad bait, pleeeease feel free to contact me, I'll do my part in selling it to you! Sry that's the best I can do at moment to help with that certain bait.

LOL Respond or not respond, that was the question. You guys have no clue about me or why I do what I do. You get your panties in a bunch because someone has something that you want or think you need but are unable to get it. This is my problem? This is my fault? I don't apologize for what I do with my money....ever. If a bait maker is willing to sell me a bunch of baits am I supposed to leave some behind for the next guy? You guys act like I bought 1000 of them. Hoarder? Again, when did it become your business what I do with my money? I buy dozens of baits every year. I LOVE SWIMBAITS. I have given away or sold at cost 35 Pats, 8 Hinkle shads, 2 HPHs, and tons of other baits that guys were unable to get in the last year. I have donated thousands of dollars in cash and baits to complete strangers. What have you done for others? Are you the kind of person that refuses to wait in line for something and then complains when you go there and they item was sold out? What's the lesson there?

And not that I need to explain myself but for the guys that are not aware. Many garage bait makers make a bait for a while and then they stop making them...forever. If you don't get them while you can you may NEVER be able to get them at retail again. Also many garage bait makers are unable to duplicate their baits exactly from batch to batch so every batch is different.

Hate me if you like, I love who I am, but I will never stop buying baits. Here's a thought, buy a new mirror and look deeper into it.

Bash away, I will not respond again.

I feel I started this...I didn't say anything about Ralph...i may need something he's got one day...or hoarders...or flippers...or guys that fish every bait they own...I just said it's sad that some dudes can't get one and other dudes can get a bunch...regardless of the reason...

If a bait maker is willing to sell me a bunch of baits am I supposed to leave some behind for the next guy? 

Yes.... especially when you have NO intention on EVER fishing these baits. Bait makers should be pissed too, all that hard work they put into their final product and it doesn't even get used, Just sits on a shelf! What a shame..... You're a joke Ralph

Yes.... especially when you have NO intention on EVER fishing these baits. Bait makers should be pissed too, all that hard work they put into their final product and it doesn't even get used, Just sits on a shelf! What a shame..... You're a joke Ralph

Woweeeee is right!! Hating cause you don't have it or can't get it!! It's life deal with it buddy!! Stop crying! Has your dad or even grandpa ever told you HARD WORK PAYS OFF well it sure dose well for most of us it dose and you might want to try it, so you can build that first shelf of your some day so your daughter or son can throw that paint 10 or 20 years from now.

Damn, the level of entitlement is strong in some. Couple of little whiney bitches. How about pulling your boots on and going and earning a couple bucks to be able to buy a few baits. Baits are tools; make use of the ones you have and what's available.  

Woweeeee is right!! Hating cause you don't have it or can't get it!! It's life deal with it buddy!! Stop crying! Has your dad or even grandpa ever told you HARD WORK PAYS OFF well it sure dose well for most of us it dose and you might want to try it, so you can build that first shelf of your some day so your daughter or son can throw that paint 10 or 20 years from now.

I'm not hating because I can't get it, I don't even want one. The only glide bait I own is Islide that I just bought a few months ago, still haven't jumped on the glide bandwagon just yet. I'm speaking for the guys that DO want them and WILL fish them. This guy buys them all up just because he can and straight up doesn't even give a sh!t about other people. Just because you work hard doesn't give you the right to be a d!ck. I'm not a collector, I dont want a shelf of baits that sit there and look pretty. My baits get fished, that's what they were built for...

This guy buys them all up just because he can and straight up doesn't even give a sh!t about other people.

That's just untrue. Ralph has helped out numerous guys here get hard to find baits at retail time and time again, myself included.

I call bullshit on anyone claiming Ralph is any shade of selfish. Ive witnessed him donate countless high end/rare baits for benefits, fundraisers, auctions,raffles, etc. just last summer he sold a few dozen Pats for borderline retail. Id bet he paid for those baits with hard-earned money. Yeah sometimes it sucks that some people have easier access/connections that makes procuring hard to find baits easier. Thats life. His money his choice...BUT to bash a guy with a proven track record of benevolence is uncalled for.