Catchin Dinosaurs

Mnbassbuster002

Nice fish i have heard they're a pretty good fight.

I have a cousin in Oregon that fishes for them when he's not chasing steelhead.

Yeah they are an absolute blast to catch. It's like pulling on a tree stump sometimes to try and get them off the bottom and other times they are flying out of the water like a big fat bass that can't quite catch air.

I have heard that some of the monsters are caught with live trout and chubs. Maybe a hudd slathered in dead fish oil. :mrgreen:

Actually bronze bomber text me and said the same thing only use nightcrawler (worm) scent. That is something that will be tried this year for sure and Definately be posting pics and a video scince I'm gonna order a go pro here soon. I have a cheaper waterproof Samsung handheld and it works good too but.the Gopro has more uses I think and way better picture quality. I hope the hudds work you guys will be the first ones to know about it..

I caught one about 10 years ago jigging a hair raiser off oakland airport. She went 68" and ate it in 8 feet of water right on a point. Thought I had a toad striper for a second but then it turned and exploded on top. Was a nice fight on the light gear. Most people still won't believe it but I have pictures of the lure inside it's mouth.

They are fun to catch. I was very serious about catching them for about 6 years and landed some nice ones. most were from the shore.

Yeah a Delta Sturgeon in shallow water is BAD A$$! Especially when they come jumpin out the water! Talk about bulldogs.. they are straight tanks. Nice fish

Yes they are. The pic is of a lake sturgeon caught on the Minnesota/Canada border. It is a blast can't wait till April. Hopefully the ice is gone by then. Like 3 yrs ago there was ice floating down the river and last year I think they had a snow storm and got around a foot if I remember right.

I started fishing for sturgeon here in Calif last March, like I needed another fish to target. Stugeon fishing is slow here in Calif, a good day is a couple of fish but man the payoff can be amazing, kind of like tossing swimbaits. Biggest for us so far has been a 70 incher we got the day after Thanksgiving.

As for artificals, it can happen like any scavaging fish but its pretty rare. A buddy of mine did catch one on the Columbia on a plastic worm once.

I gotta believe that a 6" Hudd slathered in Megastrike or Pro Cure would get bit.

That mouth is easily big enough for a 6" soft bait.

Haha actually did some brainstorming with a friend and bronze back bomber actually had mentioned that and I am gonna try it here in a couple months when the lakes aren't covered in 2 feet of ice. Hope it works that would be sweet

• 2 weeks later...