G2 SHELLCRACKER BDB

SWIMBO

First impressions of this bait are good ones,hardware is qaulity,paint jobs not bad and looks to be fairly durable

Retails $14.99-19.99

size 4.5"

wieght 1.5oz

equipment 7'11' okuma H :roll: ,20#plinecxx,cardiff 400

So this was one of the first swimbaits I bought to be honest I bought it because it was cheap and easy to aquire.

This bait floats but it can be cranked down,twitched,walked and dead sticked.I was fairly surprised with the action on this bait it has a pretty tight wobble up front most action comes from the back section of the bait and the way the tails designed.The SC puts of a nice v wake when slow rolled and displaces alot of water for a bait of its size.The bait also comes with ballberrings inside that put off a nice aggitating noise when the baits being worked.

I concentrated fishing this bait places I know pan fish congregate,around trees,brushpiles,rocks and near the shore line.But IMO this bait really excells at NIGHT,I easily would be able to catch 10 fish a night with it near the shore line just v waking it and stopping and twitching it at any piece of cover..it never failed I was calling bites out before they happened because I knew If I stopped it next to a piece of cover where a bass is likelly to be,let it sit for 10 seconds or so and start my slow roll back up as soon as that bait moved he would smoke it.

Now something that did bother me is I bought another SC and the sound the ball bearings make in this bait arent the same as the first one i have,it actually sounds like theres less bearings in the newer model.If you fish at night alot like me theres a few things you pay attention to when choosing a bait and sound is a big factor when i choose a bait to fish at night,if i can notice the difference than so can the fish.PAGE 1 OF 2

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pros:low price point qaulity hardware

cons :durabilty this bait will seperate if it is stored somewhere hot like a plano box in summer( inconsitancy with amount of ball bearings inside :evil: )

now just to be fair to grant and bdb I never contacted him about my issues with the ball bearings..simply because feel its not my job to tell a bait maker how to pay attention to details..no disrespect..

Camrone Marbles

If i can ask a question... What do you mean seperate? Like they bulge and crack from the heat expansion? Ive heard of the wood crackers splitting in half but nuthing about the G2's.

Its happened to one of mine. From the bill to the back of the first half of the bait will just split open leaving like a big crack! I just put hard clear coat over it and its fine now..

-Rider

If i can ask a question... What do you mean seperate? Like they bulge and crack from the heat expansion? Ive heard of the wood crackers splitting in half but nuthing about the G2's.

Its happened to one of mine. From the bill to the back of the first half of the bait will just split open leaving like a big crack! I just put hard clear coat over it and its fine now..

-Rider

EXACTLY Grant will replace it if it does this,I talked to him on the phone about it and he said just send it back to him but i never did that was like 3 shellcrackers ago :lol: