G2 SHELLCRACKER BDB

SWIMBO

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Solid review, Cam! I also throw the G2 a lot, especially in the summer, and it has been a very effective bait. One thing I like is that it runs deeper than the typical wakebait on a straight grind and you can get it to tick of weeds pretty easily. Because of its smaller size you get lots of small- to medium-sized bass on it, which is good for action (my kids love fishing the G2) but the bigger bass will still whack it something wicked. If I had to change on thing on the bait, it would be to offer a version with a more vertical lip so that it would throw a bigger wake.

The bait is deadly in mid-summer when the 'gills are out in open water popping bugs and plankton over the tops of weedbeds.

I normally throw mine on the MH Okuma, but the H has no trouble slinging it out there either.

Here is one more G2 fish.

file-9-2.jpg

One word of warning - for some reason, carp show unhealthy amounts of interest in this bait in the late spring/early summer. On 3 separate occasions I had large carp follow the bait and take a swing at it (unfortunately they did not connect), so there's a chance you could hang a treinta on it - just not the treinta you'd be hoping for.

• 2 weeks later...

FishDr wrote: If I had to change on thing on the bait, it would be to offer a version with a more vertical lip so that it would throw a bigger wake.

When I fish jerk baits eg. Bomber long A; I learned a trick from an older gentleman to turn it into a waker. Use a ligter to heat up the plastic at the seam of the bill where it joins the bait, and bend it back a bit. Works like a charm. A little heat at a time till its pliable.

I've caught many fish on the G2 and I love fishing it. You can get it to go a little deeper then other wake baits as well. The company is also very good if you have any problems with there products send them back for replacement. I never had a problem with splitting but had one that the paint started chipping off at random. Here are a couple I caught on it I have other bigger ones as well.

162d1ce1-cb91-4c12-849c-2704ad23b6db.jpg

d075b5c7-7cb8-46b8-b6c6-56ef278015d8.jpg

• 10 months later...

I caught my PB on the SC G2! It was the second swimbait I owned and I caught 2 fish with the first two cast I made with it back to back. It was a great confidence booster especially being brand new to the swimbait world. A couple of days later after getting it I went out to the pond at 11pm just to kill some time and 5 cast in I was cranking it down grinding the rocks and I hook a 6-3! Great review thanks for the heads up on the splitting!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As you can see from an earlier post Id had a rough time starting out throwing swimbaits. The G2 is what caught my first fish on and it continues to produce. Ive caught anything from 4 pound bass to a bluegill the same size as the bait. Dead stick it, Wake it, Crank it down - It doesnt matter it catches fish.

Ordered one of the big models, and, two of the smaller models a while ago. They are still on backorder, can't wait to throw em. You guys got me a bit worked up with the pictures, hurry up G2, hurry up...!!