3:16 Glides (All models) Review Request.

BigBaitThirty

Recently heard some slack but by one dude...Who's opinion seemed skewed by other variables. I Have also heard the polar opposite which is The overwhelming positive one might expect... Curious for some heavy hitters to weigh in with some serious feedback to squash the discrepancy- ( I hope & expect...)

I've been in the game for a minute and have yet to be let down by 3:16... I own more than most will see in one room... I've been buying them at all stages of the market high and low and have yet to drop over $400 outside of one instance for a rare mint from a good dude in genuine need of capital. All this is to say... Acknowledging the unreleased price tag and subsequent inflation, so others don't have to stop by to chime in about it... I'm genuinely curious to hear some actual first hand opinions on the glides themselves and there actual action. I need not opinions on cost or availability but rather is this bait the certified ish that most of us anticipate it to be or not. I have 2 mint 11" models in my lap so to speak or on deck if you will and am hoping for some feel good insight to lighten the unprecedented blow to my wallet. Intelligent feedback of any kind would be much appreciated. Comparisons to other heralded glides would be nice as well ex. Hinkles, HPH etc.

Insight and opinions on rofs in circulation from those in the know, would be ideal. The ones available to me are the newest 11"SS... I'm just hoping there's a few heads willing to help a brother out about biting the bullet, because at this point I can buy several hinkles or a decent vacation for the investment but I'm loyal and again have yet to be let down or disappointed with 3:16 in the past. Thanks in advance gentleman. Cheers.

I didn't spend much time with the ones I had..Lurejerk obviously kills it but he puts a ton of time in on the water..

I had a 9" trout glide..it swam fine..I think I preferred three Hinkle to it..seemed to be more maneuverable and fit my style better..

I've since acquired the phoneyfrogs shad and like it way better than three Hinkle and must other glides..

Having said that I'm building a rod that will handle the 3:16 11" beast and would like to give that a shot.

My retrieve style is more like a jerkbait..hard quick pumpd and brief pauses..I don't know if the 3:16's fish better or worse that way but the one I had didn't seem to like that..it had a smooth glide tho.

Hope that helped..

I'd be interested in one of those beasts if you need to part with one ;)

Edited by BigSlant

I have some of the 9" glides. So far I have only fished the earlier proto type one. The paint is very basic but it catches fish.

It seems to sink a little faster then my 8" FS's in Slow sink. It can be burned and will stay straight. I have yet to catch a fish on burning it as the bass down here are lazy bi$ches. Most of my fish are caught near deep weed lines with a slow side to side and then a stop. The bait can also be waked just below the surface when you keep the rod tip up, I am almost sure I can get a fish to hit it this way this time of year.

I like it better then my Hinkle's only because to me the Hinkle sinks very slow.

I like this bait because It can be fished so many different ways. I need to send some time with the one that has a fatter belly and see how that one fishes.

I will most likely not get the 11" one as I think the sweet spot down here is 9" and down.

I do not think it is a magic bait and will out fish all other glides. I am sure someone could catch as many fish with the S-waver, so it is more preference and a comfort level.

Another good glide is the one Deltaman makes, he just did me a couple in Golden shinner and they swim nice and catch fish.

Not going to compare it the HPH as the suspending prototype golden shinner bait I have is my go to bait and if I could only have one, this is the bait.

I am sure you are going to like them and catch fish with them. The best advise is time on the water and let the fish tell you where and how they like it.

Brian

post-18353-0-89635200-1468006589_thumb.jpg

post-18353-0-07715700-1468006603_thumb.jpg

post-18353-0-34799700-1468006615_thumb.jpg

post-18353-0-00934800-1468006635_thumb.jpg

post-18353-0-07815300-1468006658_thumb.jpg

post-18353-0-45862000-1468006673_thumb.jpg

I like this bait because It can be fished so many different ways. I need to send some time with the one that has a fatter belly and see how that one fishes.

Brian

This. I love my 3:16 workhorse glide (I have the narrower version) because I can fish it so many ways. It will do anything you need it to do to suit a particular bite. Slow, graceful glide? No problem. Rapid, erratic glide? No problem. Stop and go? No problem. It is, by far, the most versatile glide I've used. It's very hard to get it out of sorts. There are other glides that do one thing pretty well but I've never used one that did as much as this one. I have several OG Slide Swimmers and I don't think I've tied one on since I got this bait.

I recently got the 11" and I'm pretty excited to spend more time wth it. It seems to be as versatile as the smaller one, which is crazy for a bait that big. It's basically the size of a Mother but you don't have to go slow and graceful with it (although it can do that). It will burn and turn as fast as the smaller glide. We have a lot of big shad here and I think this thing is going to wreck 'em in the Fall.

My .02

Edited by Top Ramen

I was bummed thinking no one was willing to open up or respond when I looked at my notifications... Thankfully I decided to look at the thread directly... I appreciate you gentleman weighing in. I'm obsessed with the best of them but given my current financial disposition I have a sanity cap I like to think is a fairly sound value system... And given the price tag on these bad boys I guess I just wanted to be better informed and hyped up a bit. Ironically never previously necessary, in regards to 3:16s but I guess the more rational side of me weighing cost v.s benefit needed a lap dance of positive affirmation first lol. For me a good tool is invaluable but with a few other options out there in the glide realm I thought it wouldn't hurt to weigh in. So I really appreciate you guys taking the time to give me your $.02 Any and all additional feedback and pictures are welcome. Thanks again BigSaint, Brian & Top Ramen... I was hoping to hear from you guysðŸ‘👊

Edited by BigBaitThirty

The 11" Glide is real nice.  I have used it about a  dozen times and it has produced well. Swims great and versital as guys above have stated. In the next few weeks I will be commiting too it more because it's that time for me to getmyglideon. Gill bite starting to slow untill next full moon. At that point I will break out the gill again for a few days full moon week. But the Shad glide will be my go to into October. 

My observations so far in a dozen trips:

1) It cast easy if you are set up for it. Cuts through the wind with ease. I use 30lb Sunline Shooter Flouracarbon no issues. Your pucker factor will kick in when casting the first few times if your new to the over 10oz bait toss. Use the line your the most comfortable with just start heavy until you get the hang of things. I'm very comfortable with the Sunline 30lb Shooter and this bait will do whatever I want it to with that.

2) You could compare it to the 250 as far big glides go. Wide smooth glides are easily obtained (your skill level will be the only thing that will hold you back)  The bait will  the work for you, just need to be a smooth operator with your tools.

3) The strikes vary I have had suttle nips, where they just come up and bite the head area to all out attack mode. Have not had a fish unbutton yet on it. Big 3/0 hooks hold them well. Most fish get pinned with the back hook as well it seems during the tug-o-war back to the boat.

4) Your eliminating a smaller bite for sure. I have not caught numbers on this but the ones I have are quality. It will attrack way more followers I have noticed compared to my other big baits. The size and swim gets attention.

5) I have $$$ invested in mine as well. I bought it too fish. Only way your gonna find out is to start chunking it out there and see what happens in your area. I don't think you will be disappointed. 

6) Eat your Lucky Charms this will help also here are some pics she's getting some character already.

Get your Glide on!

post-22600-0-77311300-1468093181_thumb.jpg

post-22600-0-94790300-1468093325_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lurejerk

Time on water is key..Chris has that..his input is invaluable..the pucker factor is real tho..you cannot even think about the cost..I'm psyched for my new rod build and to start hucking bigger baits..I know the bite will slow even more but I'm ready for the big one..sacrifice equals success!! Hey and if you get a couple glides and it ain't your thing hit me up!!