Is it Prespawn? It might be...

Jfish

Well, I keep preachin' how every year in Feb I snap my winter skunk streak....got a few 4lbers the past few trips and lost a giant last night. First Hudd fish I've landed-just never learned it. Went back this evening for some redemption and got it...my scale put her right at 10. Prior to the last few days I had gone over 300 hours with NADA. Bites yes...missed fish yes...but it don't count unless it hits the bank. I prefer to come home with the smell of fish on my hands. :lol: Got her on LDC Production Heavy, Calcutta 400TE (Just serviced and upgraded by Geoff) and a modded ROF2 Hudd. Special thanks to Ben for making a rod that absolutely gave me confidence handling this fish like it was childs play and Geoff for doing an APlus job on my reel. OH the Hudd, thats a story in itself.

Never gets old...stoked.

JK

post-283-14252985846082_thumb.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appreciate it mucho guys.

Ali, I've never been able to put my hard baits down long enough to really take the time to learn the Hudd. Of course I get my a$$ handed to me every winter because of it. I didn't want to go through that again this year. To me really learning means its part of your arsenal and part of your confidence. The main problem I've had is getting the hooking scheme worked out. I went almost a month using the BB rig and watched fish after fish just bounce off it-probably 15 strikes and not one fish to show for it. Still I could see how effective the bait was. I did what everyone says not to and just ran a treble on the Hook hanger (isn't that why Ken put it there?) My bites are now turning into fish so I'm going to keep it unless I decide to do some bottom dragging. I'm really late to the party on this Hudd thing but fortunately the fish don't care about that.

Thanks again.

JK