last minute advice

ISO_the1

I am headed to catalina this evening till tuesday afternoon.  Going to fish for YT, WSB, calico's and lobster.  Maybe some bigger pelagic fish since we are going to troll from San Pedro to Two Harbors.

For trolling I am taking some larger ocean gear but for calico's and YT I am taking my 867 with 301D, 807 with komodo ss 364lx and my okuma guide select XXH with abu garcia record. And for WSB ive got my Tiger Stick with Abu Garcia Big Game 7000 iHSN.  These combos have either 20lb cxx on the SB setups, 30lb cxx on the Penn Squider and Jigmaster for trolling and the 7000 iHSN has 50lb spectra.  I am bringing a 1500yrd spool of spectra and whats remaining after spooling the 2 Penns a 2700 yard spool of 30lb cxx.

After talking to a few different avid socal salty guys, ill be taking my jointed hard baits, some glides and a few soft baits.  On top of my fish trabs and tuna lures and surface irons.  

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.  There is a good amount of info already posted which is awesome!!  

I got a 10" TT, upgraded the hooks to the tin coated saltwater 2x, got some S-Waver 200s, rising sons, fish traps, bull shads, kongs, hudds, magnum rapala's with the metal bills, feathers, clones, plugs, beer and applepie moonshine....going to catch something!!!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Deadset, Pelagics will hit anything if you burn it in fast enough I know I'm a tad late but chuck on one of those big white lizards you blokes use for bass and give it some stinger hooks. Down in Australia people catch coral trout with massive frogs, you'd be surprised what fish will hit.