TEST REVIEW #1 3:16 GLUE

buttaluns

Guys real quick here are the 20 that got picked for the first test....

Buttaluns

Motomania

Darth Baiter

Rubberdaddy

Jam170

Jolley

Speedbead

Tacklemantybs

Swimbaitrookie

Dsouth

Swimbaitsatlmv

Londonmitch

Flaswimbaiter

Ali

Jtelarkin08

Missinfish

Flyforfish21

Reelreport

Jfish

Lucas

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SPEEDBEAD

This is the initial review for Swimbait Underground’s testing program. Luckily, the review required no actual fishing as it is currently 27 degrees outside and most of my water is hovering around “hard†on the thermometer. Damn you Pennsylvania winter, damn you…

First Impressions

I was pleased to learn I would be reviewing the 3:16 soft bait glue. This is not a product I have tried before specifically, but have tried other alternatives (Mend It, Pro’s soft bait glue, Super Glue). It’s nice to be able to compare similar products when deciding which brand to purchase. My first impressions upon opening the box was that it was packed as carefully as all other orders I have received from 3:16; bubble wrapped and boxed inside an envelope, there was no way of breaking the contents (please USPS, I hope you don’t take that as a challenge). The container itself is a glass bottle, capped with an applicator brush. The glass will help keep the product from evaporating which is a problem I had experienced with other soft bait glues that came in plastic bottles or tubes. The applicator is convenient so that you do not have to carry toothpicks or another object to dip into the bottle. The consistency and color of the liquid is that of clear nail polish and the smell is not so bad that it would require using the product outside. That being said, if you have some sort of huffing problem you should probably not be in close proximity to the bottle for long periods of time.

Price-wise, the product is very competitive at $4.99 (plus tax for you Cali folk). Comparable sized bottles of the other products range from $7.99 to $8.99.

Practical Uses

It’s a soft bait glue. Pretty self explanatory on the surface, but there are quite a few different things you can do with this stuff besides repair torn baits and make cool looking, multi-colored senkos. One of the most popular mods for the Huddleston is gluing pipe cleaner gills into the bait to give it a more realistic “flared gill†look. The 3:16 glue works very well for this purpose. I had no issues with getting the gills glued in and staying there (I’ll touch on the durability of this mod when I can actually fish the things). Another common problem with the Hudd baits is splitting at the nose from bumping structure and cover. I have an HBC ROF 5 Hudd that you can see the foam through the nose. I applied the glue to the foam and pulled the plastic together. I then ran a seam of glue along the nose on the outside and held it closed with my fingers for a couple minutes. While you could still see the seam, there was a firm bond between the torn plastic. When dried, the product is still clear and remained pliable to the touch. Other products dry to a “crispy†feel that to me is brittle and easily broken. This product gave the feel of a sturdy repair that would last over time.

I also used it to glue a mojo weight into a bottom hook Rising Son, as recommended on the 3:16 site to allow the bait to fish a little deeper. This also worked well and the weight seems to have seated into the bait firmly. Again, on the water testing will be reported when that opportunity arises. Set up time listed on the bottle is 10 minutes. While I have no doubt that the glue will set up that quickly, I like to allow a little more time for repairs and mods to cure so that my effort is not wasted. In a pinch on the water, I would not hesitate to use this product although to me that situation is less than ideal.

Conclusions

The 3:16 soft bait glue is another quality product from a company with an outstanding track record for excellent products and customer service. When compared to the Pro’s glue and Super Glue, this product is hands down a superior product. I would say it is most similar, in form and function, to Mend It. Since most of my recent swimbait purchases have been from Mickey and Rina at 3:16, their bait glue would be my choice of product simply for the ease of adding it to an existing order and the fact that is less expensive.

SwimbaitsatLMV

The following is a review on 3:16 Soft bait glue.

When I first got the glue, my initial thought was, "How the hell am I going to write about glue?" Bear with me, because my test subjects are not necessarily what you may expect.

I fish soft swimbaits very rarely, so I had to improvise on what I used. While I have used the glue on soft baits before, with the test, however, I figured I should try it on several different medians. I used this glue on soft baits like a 9" Osprey, 8" hudd, and minijigs. Yes, I said minijigs. Besides trophy bass fishing, my other hobby is tournament trout fishing. I go through probably 10 minijigs a week, so a bottle of soft bait glue is always on deck to try to salvage them. Just like a swimbait, each minijig is unique and some just get bit better than others. So anyway, on to the pros and cons.

Pros:

The glue is in between the use of Mend it and Huddlebond. IMO, the glue does not do as much tearing as Mend it when applied, but it is not as thick as Huddlebond. This allows a little more leniency than Mend It so that your tiny jig doesn't get melted in half, but not so thick that it is almost like epoxy that has been thinned, or regular super glue.

Cost is also a plus, since I have never paid for it . Rina has taken care of me, and I appreciate it. This does not bias me, however, as I use all the different glues for different situations.

Cons:

The Smell. I know that it is unavoidable, but both Mend it and the 3:16 glue contain a strong chemical base (I believe its MEK) that puts off a brain numbing odor. For this reason, It is advisable to only use this glue in a well ventilated area. However, I often use it in my garage, and so far am not mentally deficient, but you can comment on that after finishing the review.

One tip that I believe should be addressed (Maxwell S, take note ). DO NOT USE THIS GLUE IN THE RAIN! Or dip it in water like I do when gluing leadheads onto plastics in saltwater. It will turn the glue, and surrounding plastic white. This has to do with the way that it hardens. Leave it out for around 5-10 mins.

Glass containers are a PITA to store, but I have figured out a way around this. I use a CL8 box and put the glue in bubble wrap, then put the box in with my stuff (I use the one for his 5" baits). The other way I store it is in my tubaware box o softbaits that is full enough that if I stick it in it won't roll around.

Additional Comments/Notes:

This only glues soft plastic, so it won't stick you hands together (my favorite is when friends pick up my leadheads as they're drying.... derrrr), and it won't stick to your boat (that I've noticed). But be forewarned, don't try to glue it to metal or anything because it ain't gonna work

Swimbaitrookie

I’ve been using the glue for over a year now after trying mend-it, pro’s soft bait glue, and others without finding a favorite among them. The 316 glue works very well at repairing tears / holes in baits and does the split-up-the-middle seam on a hudd well too. It cures fairly quickly (best to hold the surfaces together snug for 30 seconds or so) but not so quick that you have to have perfect alignment the first time. Also, with the slight delay in set time, it doesn’t bond your fingers together too badly. The bottle-brush applicator works well – easy to get a little or a lot – and there’s no nozzle to clog up. I figured that with the Texas heat that the glue would setup in the bottle on a multi-day trip but I’ve had the bottle exposed to several days of 100+ degree temps in the boat and it’s still just as liquid as the day I got it.

Overall rating: good product – best soft bait glue I’ve used so far.

Missinfish

I have been using 3:16 soft bait glue for nearly a year. The only other soft bait glue I have tried is the Huddleston glue. I don't know if I got a defective tube of the Hudd glue but it never worked to my liking. The 3:16 glue is a much better value to begin with just because you get so much more glue for about the same money.

The baits I have used this glue on have been Hudds, Rising Sons and Mission Fish for the most part. This glue is a perfect match for 3:16 soft baits, as it should be. I have been able to greatly extend the life of baits I would have normally needed to retire due to tears and rips. It will definitely save money on bait replacement. Rising Sons get pretty torn around the hook insertion and the hook will fall out easily on the cast once it gets too worn. A few things I've noticed with this glue is that the bait needs to be totally dry and the glue needs enough time to set otherwise it doesn't hold as good as you would like. Also once the pieces are glued back together I like to brush a little extra over the top to seal it, seems to help and make the repair almost invisible. I had a Rising Son get smashed by a Pickerel right behind the hook, and when I went to set the hook it got shredded by it's teeth. It was a brand new bait and I thought it was beyond repair, but with a little patience and a few minutes with the glue I could hardly notice the repair. I fished that bait for a long time until I lost it on a hang up. I have had the same type of results with Mission fish, repairs that save baits that would normally be garbage. As long as all the pieces are there to put it back together I've had great results. I did try repairing some baits that were still wet while fishing and they didn't come out as good. They need to be dry for best results.

Hudds can be a little more tricky to repair, from what I notice. I think the plastic is a little harder but I still have good results. I think the most important thing is to make sure both sides of the tear are wetted well with glue first. Allow the glue to sit for a couple seconds, this seems to soften the plastic. Next I apply a little more glue and press together until it sets, probably about a minute. Then I brush more glue over the repair. With Hudds I really try to let them sit before fishing them, overnight if possible. Most of my Hudd repairs are from using the Butch Brown Rig on top and the bait gets torn from the hook pulling out. I have done some mods on Hudds where I cut them open to remove weight and used this glue to put the bait back together, with no issues. The biggest thing is using enough glue and the dry time.

Overall I've been happy with the 3:16 Soft bait Glue and it's saved a bunch of baits for me. If you fish soft baits I would consider it a must have, otherwise you'll be buying baits a lot more often.

Darth Baiter

3:16 Lure Company Glue

Retail Price: $4.99

Where to get: 316lurecompany.com

The 3:16 glue has been out for a while now, and i have had several chances to use it. When a bottle came in an order a few years ago, I was glad to check it out.It was one of the "freebies" that Rina threw in with my order( By the way folks, these are useful things they add in sometimes, not like somebody throwing in a bottle of BBQ Sauce with an order of egg rolls..:lol: ) Usually when I ripped a bait pretty bad, i just tossed it. Not so true once I got the glue. It comes in a bottle like you would get for nail polish and is clear ( The Anjelah Johnson "Nail Salon" Skit just came to my mind, YouTube it, its funny stuff) .

Testing: Well, lets start with my first exposure to it a few couple years ago. I got some with an order and took it with me to one spot I went to. I was throwing a Mighty Minnow and caught a couple fish on one, plus getting snagged a few times, and there was a good sized rip plus a few holes from trying to measure up where to put the hook on the hook. I happened to have the glue with me, so i put some on the ripped area, picked up my other rod and gave it a few casts, went back to the Minnow, and noticed the glue had dried nicely and I was able to throw it a few times more, and the work I had done on the bait held up( I proceeded to lose that bait that night, oh well, wasnt the glue's fault).

Fast forward to recent times....I recently picked up some Rising Sons( and need to pick up more softbaits ;-) ) and was tossing a Sissy Top hook model the other day. I got it stuck and thought it was going to be lost. Well, after moving around a little, I got it back, but it was ripped right around the top where the line comes out, and the piping was moving around a little bit. So I put some glue on the bottom and top of the pipe, and it was all good. I have used it on other soft baits as well.

Before

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/4782/2 ... 205658.jpg

After

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/1916 ... 516374.jpg

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/1200 ... 530823.jpg

Conclusion: This glue is great for any of the 3:16 soft baits. I have not used it on any other brand of baits because i have seen some glues destroy baits and other products or not really do anything for them. I have at least 3 bottles now and will be keeping one with me when i go fishing, especially with any of these soft baits. I highly recommend it if you have a chance to buy some soft baits from 3:16 Lure Company, Add a bottle, you wont be disappointed!! :-)

Disclaimer: Buying products from 3:16 Lure Company does not automatically guarantee that you will end up with freebies in your shipment of products

Rubberdaddy

Up for review is the 3:16 Lure Company soft bait glue. The glue comes in a small glass bottle just like nail polish. The net weight of the product is 1/2 oz and has an applicator brush attached to the cap just like nail polish as well. It is available from the 3:16 website by clicking under the apparels and misc. tab for $4.99 per bottle. The consistency of the glue is thick enough that it doesn't drip off the brush making a mess, but easily thin enough to spread evenly on the areas of repair.

I had a couple baits that had tears in them from the hooks. I spread the tears open with my fingers and made sure it was clean by blowing any dirt or debris out. Then I simply wiped each side of the tear with the brush and the pressed together forcing any excess glue out the top. The excess was then simply wiped away with a paper towel. I continued to press the torn areas together for about 15 seconds and then set them down to fully cure. Once cured the glue remained clear and didn't get hard and crusty like super glue. Having used super glue in the past for fastening smaller plastics to jigheads I was prepared for a cloudy, crusty finished appearance but that wasn't the case.

I repaired a Mission Fish which had a 1/2inch slit torn in the top of the bait , along with a Trash Fish that had also been torn where the hook point slid forward. Each of these repairs where easily fixed to a near new appearance and fully held together when I tried to spread the tears apart with my fingers. The only thing that gave away the repaired areas was the shine from the glue and a couple small chunks of the bait being missing.

Keeping the bait spread perfectly with one hand while applying the glue with the other was the toughest part of the whole repair, but it's manageable for one person. If you had someone to hold the bait spread open while you applied the glue it would be even simpler. Just for fun I messed around gluing some old trashed soft plastic Keitechs Fat Impacts I had laying around in the boat and was able to glue them together by the heads. After letting them dry I pulled them opposite each other to test the adhesion and was surprised to see how hard I had to pull to get them to break back apart. They did end up breaking apart at the glue joint, but only after they had stretched a couple inches

I have no doubt that this glue will be beneficial to me this season for quick on the water repairs. We have plenty of pike and pickeral in our lakes and their teeth will do a number of a soft bait quickly so I may end up using this glue a lot. The fact that it stays supple and doesn't get cloudy is a plus for me. The price makes it an extreme bargain as well when I considered the amount of soft plastic repairs I could do from just one bottle.

The only down side that I experienced so far was the strong smell of the glue. It's got MEK in it and it's evident. I'll just keep it away from the children and it's primary use will be in the boat not the living room. I could see this glue being very valuable to guys fishing conventional soft plastics as they tear easy and the costs can add up quickly. I'm looking forward to being able to repair them this year and getting more fish per bait than ever before. I would certainly recommend this glue to anyone looking to extend the life of their soft plastics

Soft bait glue is something that I always knew about but never had

until recently. There are a few different brands but I'm reviewing the

3:16 Soft Bait glue.

The glue comes in a small nail polish bottle with a brush built into

the cap making application easy and accurate.

92037560.jpg

62f485aa.jpg

The glue works great for repairing all soft baits that I've used it

on. When repairing the baits I've found it best to spread the tear/rip

open a little and put a fair amount of glue inside. As you add the

glue you'll notice the tear/rip getting a little bigger, when that

happens pinch it together and seal it up with a little more glue on

the outside.

A few shots of the spots that will be repaired.

8a6a13e0.jpg

2cb79770.jpg

Some pics of the repair process

1211d7ed.jpg

22d4d5f7.jpg

0324c4d6.jpg

Lately I've been repairing my baits after every trip and it seems to

be prolonging the life. After buying my first bottle I've purchased a

few others and leave one in the boat and one in my fishing backpack at

all times.

Finished product

bf29974d.jpg

For a relatively low price ($5) you can make your soft baits last much

longer, if you haven't tried the 3:16 soft bait glue I definitely

recommend picking some up.

Londonmitch

Soft bait glue is something that I always knew about but never had

until recently. There are a few different brands but I'm reviewing the

3:16 Soft Bait glue.

The glue comes in a small nail polish bottle with a brush built into

the cap making application easy and accurate.

92037560.jpg

62f485aa.jpg

The glue works great for repairing all soft baits that I've used it

on. When repairing the baits I've found it best to spread the tear/rip

open a little and put a fair amount of glue inside. As you add the

glue you'll notice the tear/rip getting a little bigger, when that

happens pinch it together and seal it up with a little more glue on

the outside.

A few shots of the spots that will be repaired.

8a6a13e0.jpg

2cb79770.jpg

Some pics of the repair process

1211d7ed.jpg

22d4d5f7.jpg

0324c4d6.jpg

Lately I've been repairing my baits after every trip and it seems to

be prolonging the life. After buying my first bottle I've purchased a

few others and leave one in the boat and one in my fishing backpack at

all times.

Finished product

bf29974d.jpg

For a relatively low price ($5) you can make your soft baits last much

longer, if you haven't tried the 3:16 soft bait glue I definitely

recommend picking some up.

Reelreport

Quick Description

The 3:16 Lure Company glue currently is offered in a 1/2 ozbottle with an application brush included in the screw on top. It has a ton ofapplications that make it a valuable part of your gear bag every time you headout to water. It can repair baits quickly in the field, or allow you to puttogether completely torn (and otherwise trash) baits back home, saving youtime, money, and letting you get the most out of your favorite baits.

gluecomp.jpg

The 1/2oz 3:16 Glue next to a similar offering from Mend-It for comparison.

Quick Nerdy Fact

The 3:16 Glue isn’t really a “glue†at all. It’s actuallyButanone, or methyl ethyl ketone (MEK), which doesn’t “glue†anything. It chemically loosens plastic particles andwhen it dries or evaporates, it bonds the molecules back together, forming anew bond that is as strong or stronger than the original bond. The onlydownside to this is that the compound must first loosen the molecules, which iswhy the tear in the bait typically splits further or appears to melt open whenyou first apply the glue, before coming back together and bonding. Keep this inmind when bonding thinner parts of your swimbaits, like tails. The glue willmore than likely completely sever the tail, so you’ll need to make sure youhold the two ends together well to ensure a clean and straight bond.

Swimbait Applications

Repairing Torn Baits

We’ve all done it – you hit a decent (or particularly aggressive fish) andafter a great fight, unhook the fish, snap some pics, and drop the fish back inthe water. You go to re-rig your favorite bait, only to find that in the fight,the hook tore completely out of the front half of the bait, making itcompletely unusable. This is when your $15 soft plastic swimbait would getdumped on the bottom of the boat or in your bag on the bank and you’d wonder ifit was worth $15 if it tore so easily…. This is where the 3:16 glue comes in.Save that bait and put it back together in a few minutes (10 or less) bypainting some glue onto the torn areas and put that bait back to work.

Smoothing BaitSurfaces / Repairing Skin Hook Areas

After some use in heavy cover or after hooking a few fish, the bait skinwhere you skin hook your baits starts to get chewed up pretty good. It makes itdifficult to continue stick the point of your hook into the bait, causing moresnags, grabbing weeds, etc. By taking the application brush and “smoothing†thetears and holes in the bait out, and letting it dry a few minutes, your bait’sskin will be rebounded and ready to take more abuse. If you REALLY tear up your baits and create a“channel†or a missing chunk where you skin hook your baits, you can take asimilar bait from a dead bait box, cut a piece that fits in the hole, and useyour glue to place a new piece in your bait. Viola – a workable solution to keep your bait in the water and perfomingthe way you want.

gluesmooth.jpg

Top images: You can see the skin hook area is pretty torn up. Bottom: After a quick coat of 3:16 glue, the bait is ready to grab and hold hooks again.

Hook Keeper

This one is pretty overlooked. I typically use a screw hook for most of mynon-treble baits, but when I don’t, I like to dab a little bit of the glue onthe hook or trailer keep to help keep the plastic from tearing up around thehook. This is also great after you’ve throw a bait a while. The bait willinevitably tear around the hook or even the screw in, and dabbing some glue andholding the bait in place while it bonds will extend the life of your bait.

gluescrew.jpg

I like to put a dab on the bait where my screw starts to tear at the nose to extend the life of the bait.

How to Use

1. Dip bait in water to clean off dirt

2. Make sure bait is dry (MEK works best withoutwater)

3. Use applicator brush to place glue inside tearand hold together for 15-30 seconds (longer for larger tears)

4. Place a coat on the outside and hold together foranother 15-30 seconds

5. Let the bait sit for at least 5 minutes beforere-rigging

AdditionalApplications

Repair torn trailers/ soft plastics

I find myself using the glue for this more than any other application. Itear up my creature baits and jig trailers punching and flipping more than anyother bait. Short strikes, violent fights, or weeds wear out my baits extremelyquick. I usually swap out my baits and throw the torn ones into a pile. When Iget a break, and I repair my torn baits or replace missing appendages quickly,extending my one or two bags of baits over several days – instead of hours.

gluetrailer.jpg

Top Left: This happens to me all the time. Top Right: Holding the trailer while the glue dries. Bottom: She ain't as pretty, but I got a "new" trailer.

Smooth Torn Baits /Skin Hook Areas

I’m kinda weird and like having my baits look natural or new. When a fishchews up a trailer or swimbait, I like to use the glue to smooth it back downto close to new instead of having areas of torn up paint, etc.

gluetrailer.jpg

Top: A shredded Berkly Pit boss that after a couple punching hook sets, will no longer hold a hook point. Bottom: Same Pit Boss after a 3:16 patch job.

Keep Trailers fromSlipping

While this glue doesn’t work as well as super glue (since it works bestplastic on plastic) a dab or two on your bait keeper will help keep yourtrailers from riding up your hooks.

gluetrailerslip.jpg

Top: Short strikes and weed snags end up tearing the noses of my trailer up pretty quickly. Bottom: Add some glue and maintain your trailer noses to extend the life of your baits.

Worth It?

Yes. I really enjoy getting as much value as I can out of any bait/gear I use on the water, and this glue is a great example of one of my best performers. With it's multiple applications, it will quickly pay for itself and help you avoid some of the frustration on destroyed baits or running out of your favorite plastics, especially the expensive ones.

3:16 Lure Company Soft Bait Glue!

679eddf4.jpg

Anyone who fishes soft baits knows a pain they can be.. There are many things throughout a day of fishing that can ruin a bait, and without the right tools, your day of fishing. The one tool that anyone who fishes soft baits needs is a good bait glue.. 3:16 Lure Company is the only company I can think of that offers their own soft bait glue. This shows how dedicated they are to helping their customers and prolonging the life of their baits. 3:16 Lure company soft bait glue is a clear liquid that comes in a nail polish container.

e7abd99c.jpg

3:16 soft bait clue can be used for many applications. The main application is to repair rips and tears in soft baits. Hooks, brush, fish and many other things can cause a rip in a soft bait. Without a soft bait glue your bait can be ruined.. Soft bait glue can save an angler $100’s of dollars a year by prolonging the life of your soft baits.

One of the main applications I have found for 3:16 soft bait glue is to repair the tears left by hooks.. In Weedless soft baits that use a EWG hook when the back gets ripped you can no longer Texpose the hook point to keep it weedless.

62be3763.jpg

To repair a tear like this simply add a little soft bait glue to both the middle of the inside of the tear as well as the outside of the bait where the tear goes back together and hold in place for 30 seconds.

74a2de22.jpg

After the glue sets open the bait up and add a little glue to the bottom side.. By doing this you get both seams as well as the inside of the tear.

0a7b2663.jpg

Line through baits are also very easily repaired with 3:16 soft bait glue.. Simply fill the hook tear with glue and hold together until dry. Once dry add a little to the outer seam.. This will triple if not more the life of most line through baits..

I have also found this glue to be very good for making mods to soft baits.. Adding gills to a huddleston is a very popular mod that a lot of swimbaiters like to make.. With 3:16 soft bait glue you can do this without the hard flakey side effects of super glue..

I have only had two issues with 3:16 soft bait glue.. The first is when repairing a rip in a bait. If you spread open the plastic to hard when applying the glue sometimes the glue will cause the tear to become bigger.. I have found if this happens give it a second to dry and re apply glue without spreading the tear as much... I am not really sure what causes this but I have found if you do not put to much tension on the tear when first applying the glue it is not really an issue.. My second issue I have had is with the bottle.. When the bottle gets low it is hard to get glue out with the brush.. I have yet to find a remedy to this but one bottle of glue will still last a few months so its not that big of a deal.. Anyone who fishes soft swimbaits needs a bottle of this glue..

3:16 Soft Bait Glue – TacklemanTybs - Brian

SAM_0705.jpg

For this test I used the soft bait glue offered through 3:16 Lure Company. The glue is readily available on their website 316lurecompany.com. In order to test the glue I performed a few tests. One test was involving a hook rip, another test was a cut bait test, also a test was used on the glue hold, as well as a swim test post glue.

Hook Rip Test: For the hook rip test I used a 3:16 mission fish. The bait was used heavily until it received a rip from the hook being pulled through the side of the bait form the top hook area. In order to test the glue, the mark was covered in glue inside and out of the area as directed from the 3:16 directions. The area became unified and solid. Also the glue was clear and did not show where it was located on the bait. Here is what the area looked like after the glue was applied.

SAM_0710.jpg

Cut Bait Test: For this test the mission fish was also used. In order to make the test I used standard braid scissors and cut the bait near the tail area where it connects to the body. The bait was cut all the way through and became two pieces. From that point the two exposed areas were covered in glue on the interior as well as the exterior of the area when the two ends were put together. After holding the two pieces together for 30 seconds I stopped the pressure and started the next test.

SAM_0706.jpg

Stretch Test: This test was used to test the strength of the glue on the cut tail area. For this test I anchored the head of the bait with my palm and grabbed the tail of the bait and pulled until the bait ripped again. This test was done twice with very similar results. The tail ended up being pulled nearly 5†before it ripped again. However the bait ripped in a different spot than the cut meaning the glue was very strong. This test was done with the Huddle-bond and was stretched about 2.5†with same test. The photo below was on the Huddle-bond as you can see the glue stuck to its self not the bait. The 316 glue was stuck to the bait and did not show signs of glue stretch just bait stretch. The next pic is of the Huddle-bond reaction to the bait. The pic after that is also the hudd glue. The 316 glue did not break at that cut point rather right at the paddle tail with the glued area in tact.

SAM_0713.jpg

SAM_0709.jpg

Swim Test Post-Glue: This test was conducted after the glue was on the bait, after the rip test. The bait was re-glued and tied on for testing. The bait swam similar to before with a small issue with the tail wag on steady retrieves. The bait when used like a jig with a more vertical motion showed no difference between standard version and the glued version. The bait also was just as durable as before and showed no change in strength.

An overall thought on this glue is that it is a great product. The product has set out to improve durability, fix tears, and save baits. After the rigorous tests of the glue, it showed that it works well even when a bait is torn up. The glue saved a soft bait that was cut in half and proved it’s worth the $4.99 price tag it comes with.

Product Reviewed - 3:16 Soft Bait Glue

IMAG0339.jpg

Product Specifications -

• Size - 1/2 oz.

• Color - Clear

• Price - $4.99

Packaging - Glass Bottle, Brush Applicator

Performance - The 3:16 Soft Bait Glue is a must have for any serious swimbait fisherman. I have tried different brands but have found that I prefer the 3:16 Soft Bait Glue. I prefer the brush applicator for both accuracy in placement and achieving the thickness I want. The glue dries quickly when blown on lightly, making it perfect for on the water repairs.

Durability - The glue is relatively durable if given ample time to dry. Even when the surface of the glue is dry it may not quite be sealed up underneath. For this reason I like to apply a very thin layer first and dry it. Then follow up with a thicker layer for strength. Over time the glue has not discolored any which is a big plus for natural presentations.

Applications -

Bite Repair: Anyone that has musky or pike in your water knows what kind of damage they can do. If you stay on top of repairs by gluing them immediately your bait has a better chance of holding up for extended periods of time.

Musky Bite -

IMAG0282.jpg

Hook Tears -

IMAG0285.jpg

Customizing: This is only limited to your imagination! The 3:16 Soft Bait Glue is one of many tools I use to customize my swimbaits. Being different then everyone else can provide additional confidence and more bites. Not only can the glue be used for cosmetic changes, but can also make the baits a better fit for the situation you are fishing.

Mission Fish -

IMAG0048.jpg

Weedless Hudd Mod -

IMAG0284.jpg

Preventative Maintenance: Check out whatever baits you are throwing for potential failure points. A thin layer of glue over these areas can mean a few extra fish.

Trash Fish Fins -

IMAG0338.jpg

Limitations - Only comes in one color. While this is natural, it would be cool to make color modifications with it. The glue has a very strong odor and as stated on the package, use in a well ventilated area. One problem I have run into is the bottle of glue gumming up. This seems to be only with older bottles. Is there a fix for this? I don't know if this is something I am doing wrong or if it just happens after the bottle is opened for an extended amount of time. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this topic.

Gummed Up -

IMAG0280.jpg

Opinion - This single Rising Son has caught over 30 Bass, and several Musky. It may not look new, but thanks to the 3:16 Soft Bait Glue it still fishes like new. This product has proven over time that it can extend the life of baits, saving the user money. I would recommend trying a bottle if you have not.

IMAG0289.jpg