TEST REVIEW #1 3:16 GLUE

buttaluns

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted up guys. As you can see, WAY more hype behind it than what it delivers. Mythbusters, or Steven Spielberg I am NOT! :lol:

-

Sorry for the multiple youtube links, I'm not that familiar with youtube and was unsure how to post a link to my 'channel'. (as it is apprently called. :lol: )

Maybe not mythbusters, but holy $h!t, that's some serious time put into the glue. Awesomely (i know, not a word) done Doug!

Killer reviews all the way around guys, crazy how much info came from a 1/2 oz bottle!

Geoff

I think these types of glues are truly amazing. Just wish I knew about it when I was fishing plastics years ago, so many bait's got thrown away.

In comparison with Mend-it, I find them to be just about the same. However for some reason I like the applicator on 3:16's bottle a little more.

Couple more 6's and 8's now with the gills and also threw some gills on a RS to see how it would turn out. They are tough to see as I kept the gills toward the lower side of the bait since that is what the fish are gonna see on it. The added orange that you see is a failed red sharpie attempt from before. No biggie though, this one is mostly intended for low light. :twisted:

post-70-14252985900106_thumb.jpg

post-70-14252985900463_thumb.jpg

Posted up guys. As you can see, WAY more hype behind it than what it delivers. Mythbusters, or Steven Spielberg I am NOT! :lol:

-

Sorry for the multiple youtube links, I'm not that familiar with youtube and was unsure how to post a link to my 'channel'. (as it is apprently called. :lol: )

Maybe not mythbusters, but holy $h!t, that's some serious time put into the glue. Awesomely (i know, not a word) done Doug!

Killer reviews all the way around guys, crazy how much info came from a 1/2 oz bottle!

Geoff

-

You're too kind Geoff, thanks for the kudos. :D But, you did a killer job yourself....love the pix! ;) But, I wish I had the nerve to damage some more new baits; and a bit more time for the idea. It kinda came to me late. So I realize it's a bit inconclusive; and rather primitive too. But hey, it was worth a shot! :D

-

Cool pix there Wayne.......I have GOT to get to putting some gills on my soft baits. :oops:

-

TONS of great reviews out there guys. I've only briefly skimmed over them; but am eager to read them thoroughly when I have a bit more time. This was really a cool idea. :D

How are you guys adding the gills? I read earlier about pipe cleaners and glue. Is it as simple as getting those cotton ones on a wire, then slitting the hud and gluiing in with the 316?

I'll see if I can post a play by play in photos. Found another 6" when I was messing around downstairs tonight.

There is a video out there, that's where I watched it.

How are you guys adding the gills? I read earlier about pipe cleaners and glue. Is it as simple as getting those cotton ones on a wire, then slitting the hud and gluiing in with the 316?

I'll see if I can post a play by play in photos. Found another 6" when I was messing around downstairs tonight.

There is a video out there, that's where I watched it.

You the man! Thanks, I didn't mean to derail the thread.

Awesome A$$ kicking reviews!! I am impressed with all the effort put in by all. I've had a whole bunch of "Why didn't I think of that?" moments while reading through them. Very creative. And all the bait mod ideas are a nice added bonus, very cool!

HELL YEAH!!!!!!! :D

Gnarly...

I need some 3:16 glue now.

Did anyone try it to fix little divots/scratches etc on their hard baits?

Thanks for the reviews!

I tried to seal up the cracked plastic around a hook hanger on a jerkbait, layered it on pretty thick.

Still wiggles.