MA Freshwater Striper

Pdunna191

Fishing with my friend Darren about a week ago, throwing my 9 inch slammer I see something swirl twice behind the bait and just as I say "what is that" I get bit. Set the hook and didn't feel like anything crazy, all the sudden the fish took off and started peeling line. No fish ever peels line off my reel so I knew something was up. The fish was fighting well and turned the boat around for a few seconds. As I started to pull it up I saw the color and thought it was a huge salmon or something (we don't have fresh water stripers here like in Cali) at this point we see what it is and my friend and I are in shock and freaking out, he attempted to net it but it was too big so he 2 hand lipped it and dragged it into the crawdad. New PB striper including salt water haha. Never thought this is how it would go down. Thank you to the bucket biologist who put it in the pond and my buddy Darren for getting it in the boat. Caught on an LDC workshop XXH white label , calcutta 401, 25# Big game and a 9 inch cranking slammer with 1/0 quads. post-27490-0-66617600-1476060630_thumb.pngpost-27490-0-48273600-1476060663_thumb.jpg

That striper is a beast! Did you get a weight on her? That's the sort of fish that becomes a legend among pond anglers - the monster that breaks tackle and never gets landed...until you went and dropped a Slammer in her path!

That's a TOAD in any state! If I had to take a guess...Looks like upper 20's...26-28lbs.

We're on the brink of our fall striper run on the CA Delta. We had some giant swirls on Top Water this week, just no takers. Hoping for a few fish like that in the coming weeks.