Salmon don't eat glide baits

BigSlant

Thats awesome! 

Funny story...I had friend fishing a kayak bass tourney out of Sugar Barge on Sat. My buddys GF caught two salmon 10 and 12# on back to back casts. She was fishing a jerkbait against the rocks. They didn't know the regs either and kept both fish.

FYI salmon can only be kept above the HWY12 bridge in the Moke river. That's above B&W.

Thats awesome!

Funny story...I had friend fishing a kayak bass tourney out of Sugar Barge on Sat. My buddys GF caught two salmon 10 and 12# on back to back casts. She was fishing a jerkbait against the rocks. They didn't know the regs either and kept both fish.

FYI salmon can only be kept above the HWY12 bridge in the Moke river. That's above B&W.

Yeah I don't salmon fish on purpose ever..I actually was planning on releasing it but it wasn't reviving..was out of the water maybe 2-3 minutes tops..i guess that's pretty rough to go without breathing..but I've seen carp live for 30 minutes on the boat with an arrow thru it so I didn't think it was that long..

Yeah I don't salmon fish on purpose ever..I actually was planning on releasing it but it wasn't reviving..was out of the water maybe 2-3 minutes tops..i guess that's pretty rough to go without breathing..but I've seen carp live for 30 minutes on the boat with an arrow thru it so I didn't think it was that long..

Most salmonids need very oxygen rich water, with the exception of rainbows and some strains of brown/ Brook trout, most need moving/very well oxygenated waters, and they don't fare well out of water very long. It's why you see a lot of fly guys do the entire Catch Photo Release without ever taking the fish out of the water. Keep 'Em wet, keep 'Em alive.

But I hope you have a smoker, those were probably some good filets!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...