2016 SUB Battle for The Underground

swimbaitunderground

Congrats on your achievement Collin it was well earned. That's a lot of green right there. I couldn't beat that.  Sunday morning landed me another good one but not in the teener range. It was your time.

Everyone that has fished with me always says how do you guys fish all day for one bite/one fish. #1 it's a mindset that you have to adapt. There is always several things happening that keep you tuned in. Big swirls of smaller fish getting hammered, Followers, and temporary hookups, how fish react to what your presenting etc. All this keeps you focused. So the time spent working is not playing in your head all the time, it's entertaining in it's on way until you dive in, you wouldn't get it. It's not for everyone by any means.   

When you show pics of what Collin produced and you know all the small details that you have learned over time pay off for you as you bag your Giant Personal Best !!!!!      That's why we do it. Congrats on the win and more importantly your TEENER PB.

Congrats on your achievement Collin it was well earned. That's a lot of green right there. I couldn't beat that.  Sunday morning landed me another good one but not in the teener range. It was your time.

Everyone that has fished with me always says how do you guys fish all day for one bite/one fish. #1 it's a mindset that you have to adapt. There is always several things happening that keep you tuned in. Big swirls of smaller fish getting hammered, Followers, and temporary hookups, how fish react to what your presenting etc. All this keeps you focused. So the time spent working is not playing in your head all the time, it's entertaining in it's on way until you dive in, you wouldn't get it. It's not for everyone by any means.   

When you show pics of what Collin produced and you know all the small details that you have learned over time pay off for you as you bag your Giant Personal Best !!!!!      That's why we do it. Congrats on the win and more importantly your TEENER PB.

Well said Chris! Congrats Collin, well deserved win! All I could put together was Cat Fish and dinks lol

Thanks Chris, i knew this would be a tough one to win. You hit the nail on the head. Its been a long time preparing for a fish like this. I've made some mistakes with fish like this in the past and learned from them. we just hit the spots we usually hit but I decided to spend a little more time on two of the spots just because I felt they might have the biggest fish on them. Jace made a good decision to make a short cast to a spot I wasn't setting up to hit and she revealed herself for a quick second but long enough to know she was a winner. The fish was in a bad spot to catch really. We made a good decision to leave quietly for a short time and come up with a game plan to catch this fish the way that she was setting up. It all worked out perfect and I believe it was from being patient and making the right decisions because we had been in this position before and made the wrong decisions. Patience, not getting too worked up , staying stealthy and throwing the right bait at the right angle got that fish. It happened at the best possible time it could have. Jace and I didn't get to go as much as we wanted to. We got to fish two other days for about an hour and a half each day but it all worked out on Saturday. Thanks to SU for doing this and congratulations to every one who got to compete and caught the fish they did.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Colin, looking at your fish I have to say Congrats man!  Bit late but gosh is she big. Saw it when you first posted and forgot to say anything because I was in awe!!!!!   The gills on that fish are giant in the picture where they flare out