Teener and PB

cd7

It was a pretty amazing day for me today. PB and first teener. Hard to beat that.

Me and Jace got to the lake a little later than we wanted to. We hit a couple of our normally productive spots and saw a few good fish but no takers.

We moved to another spot and I was getting the boat into a position to uphill a point. Jace throws a short cast with the 250 between two trees near the bank and he says "oh dude, there's a big one on it." It was a big one. It didn't bite but we figured it was a DD and maybe a teen. So we left for about 15 min. and then came back to set up at a different angle to make a good cast to those trees. Jace tried to make a cast but it wasn't really the right angle so he says "drop me off on the bank. I'm gonna try to cast from the bank" So I let him out as close as I could to the bank but he still had to jump into about a foot of water.

He goes over and he's just about to make his first cast and I see the fish. I tell him that it's on the other side of the tree from where he's going to cast. But then it just went back into the tree. He makes a cast. Nothing. Then he comes over to the other side of the tree and makes a cast. About halfway back here comes that fish towards his bait. He tries to get low and twitch the 250 to make it bite but it just kinda turned around and disappeared.

So I say that I'm gonna make a cast down the side of the tree from the boat with the hudd. So I make my cast and I'm just rolling it on the bottom and, WHAM. I knew it was that same fish. I set the hook and said "I got him!!" Jace ran through the water, jumped in the boat and netted the fish in a matter of seconds. We immediately started going nuts! We haven't been that excited about a fish in awhile. We knew it was the biggest either of us had ever caught.

We weighed it four times and it weighed 13-13, 13-14, 13-12, and then 13-13 again. The good old 8" Hudd ROF 12 got it done again. I also caught a 7-0 later on the hudd. The only 2 fish of the day. It was an awesome team effort. We hunted that fish down and our plan worked out. So here is a video of us weighing her for the SU battle. https://youtu.be/ltPdc13JQoE

post-18502-0-82790500-1477811253_thumb.jpegpost-18502-0-11631200-1477811401_thumb.jpeg