Toxic baits wade hoggs review request

Lakeshark

Look at SUTV, video just dropped, 1st time on the boat produce an 8lb bass that tells me it's a winner in my book. Good wake and will crank down a few feet, has good hardware, built solid. Your right people have been catching pigs on it, lots of them are here at SU.

Like R8R said its a really solid, well-built bait.  I fished it a lot this year and its become one of my standards.  There aren't many trips where this won't get some time in the water.

A couple of the guys I fish with have the deep crank Slammer as their go-to bait and they catch plenty of fish on it- I fish that model a lot myself.  But there have been a number of trips this year where the Wade Hoggs has clearly outfiished the  DC Slammer.  Both baits crank down about 3 feet and can be waked as well.  I've done well in both clear and off-color conditions.  The Hoggs moves a lot of water and its one of the first baits I'm going to throw in water thats cloudy. Some days the fish seem to prefer the sunfish-profile bait over the thin profile baits.

Its pretty easy to cover a good amount of water with the bait- definitely one of it's strengths.  Many times they respond well to a steady crank with a few pauses thrown in.  At times the surface wake has been the ticket.  Its a solid bait that you can crash through branches, etc to trigger strikes without worrying about knocking it out of tune.  I tend to carry a ton of tackle when I fish out of the big Ranger, but when I'm fishing a quick kayak trip I usually only grab one box that holds 10 or 12 of my best producing lures in it.  The Wade Hoggs has now made it into that box of my top baits.

Look at SUTV, video just dropped, 1st time on the boat produce an 8lb bass that tells me it's a winner in my book. Good wake and will crank down a few feet, has good hardware, built solid. Your right people have been catching pigs on it, lots of them are here at SU.

Those are some impressive ocolades for sure. Thanks for the tip man. I appreciate it.

Like R8R said its a really solid, well-built bait.  I fished it a lot this year and its become one of my standards.  There aren't many trips where this won't get some time in the water.

A couple of the guys I fish with have the deep crank Slammer as their go-to bait and they catch plenty of fish on it- I fish that model a lot myself.  But there have been a number of trips this year where the Wade Hoggs has clearly outfiished the  DC Slammer.  Both baits crank down about 3 feet and can be waked as well.  I've done well in both clear and off-color conditions.  The Hoggs moves a lot of water and its one of the first baits I'm going to throw in water thats cloudy. Some days the fish seem to prefer the sunfish-profile bait over the thin profile baits.

Its pretty easy to cover a good amount of water with the bait- definitely one of it's strengths.  Many times they respond well to a steady crank with a few pauses thrown in.  At times the surface wake has been the ticket.  Its a solid bait that you can crash through branches, etc to trigger strikes without worrying about knocking it out of tune.  I tend to carry a ton of tackle when I fish out of the big Ranger, but when I'm fishing a quick kayak trip I usually only grab one box that holds 10 or 12 of my best producing lures in it.  The Wade Hoggs has now made it into that box of my top baits.

Always detail oriented. Thanks for taking the time to write that out for me Wayne. Looks like I'm going to have to pick one up in the near future. I have yet to gain confidence with a crank down bait but I see the work all you east coasters do with them.

Agree 100% with has already been posted. It has been a consistent performing bait since I recieved it, solid, well built, and with a nice fish attracting wake and thump. I've had success fishing it on bluebird days as well as evenings and night. It has worked in clear and in cloudy water. I have bounced it off rocks and wood, smacked it off an iron railing mid-cast, and it has come away with just a few nicks but still swims great. It has worked best for me on a steady retrieve, but I've caught fish with varied retrieves also. On the crank, I liked it over the tops of weeds. Overall a really versatile bait when you consider the ability to crank it down a bit as well as wake it.

post-20315-0-09942900-1478043978_thumb.jpg

post-20315-0-76684300-1478044149_thumb.jpg

Great bait that will truly wake and crank, depending on what you want it to do. It give a distinctive clack when waked across the surface.

I've told him a million times, but the fact that he does each bait with a rattle can just simply amazes me. There are a few SS baits out there that will REALLY get down and boogie. Snatch that up if you get a chance.

The bait catches fish both on the wake and the crank. So far mine has about 30 or so fish on it maybe more. Like stated above from the first trip to the lake with the bait it was producer. Ceasar is a super cool guy and will take care of anthing that could arise like new tails he is on it.

The bait catches fish both on the wake and the crank. So far mine has about 30 or so fish on it maybe more. Like stated above from the first trip to the lake with the bait it was producer. Ceasar is a super cool guy and will take care of anthing that could arise like new tails he is on it.

I seem to catch bigger fish on the crank!

:shock:  :shock:  tails.... can take a while to mail BRUCE!  :lol:  :lol: