Toxic baits wade hoggs review request

Lakeshark

• 5 months later...

After fishing this bait exclusively for almost a week straight on the delta, I wanted to throw in my 2 cents about this bait.

After getting out on the delta to fish with Ceaser, Austen, and Kenny, I wasn't really expecting to be throwing a bluegill bait the entire trip, but that's how it ended up working out. This bait is highly addictive because of the way it fishes. You can slow wake it(my favorite way to fish it) but it will also crank down really well. I also liked fishing it just under the surface without leaving a wake, that presentation seemed to work good also.

I'd never fished grass before this trip and it blew my mind how well the wade hoggs comes through the grass. At times it was literally 4x4, locked hubs and all, fishing. One of the keys I found out fishing the delta was putting the bait in the best spot to get bit, which usually meant casting over grass or as close to grass as possible. The wade hoggs shines in this aspect. You may get some grass hung on the bill sometimes, but it will usually pull right through the grass with no issues. I casted the bait on to rocks a few times and no telling how many other things I banged it into, a few chips to add with some minor hook rash and the bait still looks fine. This bait, like all of the other Toxic Baits I have fished, is very durable.

The bite is probably the most addictive thing about this bait. The fish that hit it absolutely crushed it! There was no hesitation at all when they bit. The only hesitation I seen from them is when I had one actually wake behind the bait, never seen a fish do that. Definitely an exciting bait to fish and I can't wait to try it here at my lakes.

Check out C's post on our trip as well http://swimbaitunderground.com/forums/index.php?/topic/40413-tough-trip-but-we-scratched-it-out/

post-18296-0-13161200-1491915470_thumb.jpg

post-18296-0-26249800-1491915476_thumb.jpg

post-18296-0-69684200-1491915486_thumb.jpg

post-18296-0-25935600-1491915531_thumb.jpg

Nice fish Travis, wade hoggs has definitely jump in the front and always now tied on at the delta trips. I will add the bait really deflects of wood really well and has a big thump that you feel on the rod and you can tell easily when a piece of grass is tagging along. That bait is hard to put down. Currently my favorite bait to fish the dirty D

• 5 years later...

The Wade is the best bait I have ever fished and my all time favorite fishing lure. Slow wake, crank down, twitching, walking, burning, anything. This bait gets it. I have one with over 100 fish on it. I have one with lead strips and 3x hooks to get deeper, and one set up as a super wake. 

I have caught fish shallow, deep, day and night, windy and glass calm, open water, under docks, over grass, in laydowns, rock piles, anything. I have yeeted it full speed into docks and rocks 50 times with only scratches. I have probably gone through a dozen tails on my beat up one. The bait just gets fookin railed. You can cast it a mile and it never fouls up on the line. I throw mine on an old 8'6 LDC Production Heavy with a Tatula 300 and 25# XXX. I am getting a rod built for the Wade, that is how much I love the bait (and really any of C's baits). It will be an MHX 967 blank. Favorite hook setup for a do-it-all Wade is the ST-35 1/0, 60# or 90# split rings. I will also use the ST-36 1/0 or the ST-56 in 1/0.

Hot take - I do not at all like the SU hooks and immediately replace them.  

1 hour ago, alabamaswimbait said:

The Wade is the best bait I have ever fished and my all time favorite fishing lure. Slow wake, crank down, twitching, walking, burning, anything. This bait gets it. I have one with over 100 fish on it. I have one with lead strips and 3x hooks to get deeper, and one set up as a super wake. 

I have caught fish shallow, deep, day and night, windy and glass calm, open water, under docks, over grass, in laydowns, rock piles, anything. I have yeeted it full speed into docks and rocks 50 times with only scratches. I have probably gone through a dozen tails on my beat up one. The bait just gets fookin railed. You can cast it a mile and it never fouls up on the line. I throw mine on an old 8'6 LDC Production Heavy with a Tatula 300 and 25# XXX. I am getting a rod built for the Wade, that is how much I love the bait (and really any of C's baits). It will be an MHX 967 blank. Favorite hook setup for a do-it-all Wade is the ST-35 1/0, 60# or 90# split rings. I will also use the ST-36 1/0 or the ST-56 in 1/0.

Hot take - I do not at all like the SU hooks and immediately replace them.  

I found I was barely hooking fish on wider wakes with the STY35 so I went back to regular round bend ST36 on the snapper and wade hoggs. I like the super slick coating on the STY’s so I got some BKK Spear 21 SS hooks to try this year which have the tradition round bend with the slick coating. 

Edited by Jerkbait22