Gigantarel

Sciaramitaro

Swims just like the gantarel, doesn't get as deep as the gantarel which I'm pretty bummed about. I'd say it gets down 2-3 feet, seems to be a really good early spring bait. Definitely has a big presentation in the water that's for sure!

• 3 months later...

Well, any updates since then? I assume you've had some time to fish it and maybe have some catches by now. I have one in rt ghost gill on the way, hopefully it'll be here in time for my spring break trip

What do you guys like more? The Bullshooter in any size or the Gantarel in any size? They both have small, medium and large versions and are both great producers.

I think the Ganty is more veristile though. A glide and swimmer in one.

• 3 weeks later...

Are there certain colors that are more durable than others?  Seems like a lot of the pics I have seen of the smaller versions have big patches where the paint has flaked off.

I read somewhere that the ghost colors are more durable so that's what I bought but I haven't been able to get out and try it yet

I used mine for awhile last week. Got a big follower, it touched the bait with its nose and swam away.

As far as depth, it only gets down to 2ft on 20lb mono, not near as deep as the regular gantarel. 3 suspend strips weren't enough to change anything so I took them off and put a dropshot weight on the bottom line tie. I could get it as deep as I wanted then, but I would like to use a slightly smaller weight to have it suspend instead of sink

Are there certain colors that are more durable than others?  Seems like a lot of the pics I have seen of the smaller versions have big patches where the paint has flaked off.

Having used the gantarel as my only swimbait for my first few months of swimbait fishing I noticed the RT ghost gill color held up the best. Being translucent it wasn't as heavily painted. Other colors like RT Spawn gill seem to chip or scratch much easier.

As for Jordan's comment, I noticed the bait swims much much better on 20lb fluoro, it will come closer to suspending and crank down deeper. Also if you want a true slow sink out of it, throwing on quad hooks makes it a perfect slow sink. The bait is incredibly versatile.

Edited by Campobassmaster

• 2 months later...