WTB Pats

northeast_trev

Buying a Pat's bait is not a simple as dealing with most swimbait makers.  I think the direct price of a standard Pats is $75 and you may be able to buy one like that but its not in any way certain  Most of the baits seem to be sold by other people for 2 or 3 or 4 times that amount and I've seen some of those people brag about how they've sold hundreds of Pats baits. I have no idea what the relationships are. 

My personal opinion is that at $75 the Pats is very much worth it.  For $250 or $300 I would look for other options- again just my opinion.

My personal opinion is that at $75 the Pats is very much worth it.  For $250 or $300 I would look for other options- again just my opinion.

I agree completely, Wayne. Its just a shame that guys who want to fish them cant get their hands on them. Pat was looking at this post earlier and didn't reach out. Tough market

Pat was looking at this post earlier and didn't reach out. Tough market

I pmed over a year ago or more. Never got a response. I gave up on trying to get one as there are plenty of other baits to fish. Guess ill never experience the hype but I'm okay with that.

I know, I'm going to hear..."don't knock it till you try it" comments....but....I just don't see the magic (?)...rather simplistic design, nothing detailed, including the paint job. I don't see why a Pat's bait should market for anything more than a m.s. slammer...I think the low production..non formal website...and backroom ordering, has created a lot of hype and mystique regarding these baits.

(Just my 2 cents of opinion lol)

I agree completely, Wayne. Its just a shame that guys who want to fish them cant get their hands on them. Pat was looking at this post earlier and didn't reach out. Tough market

Trev,

Are you a member of Swimbait New England on Facebook? Over the last few months I raffled a few for different reasons. One was raffled for a fellow angler when his gear was stolen from his boat and another was raffled when a fellow angler broke his back and was out of work, with the holidays fast approaching.

Point to my post is there have been many raffles for many reasons on that page and I'd suggest getting involved if you're looking for one soon. If not, definitely join newenglandfishing.net if you haven't yet and message pat directly. As we all know, there is NO list. He randomly selects people from the thousands of messages he gets. Issue is supply and demand, he's a garage bait maker and one man can only make so many baits.

Good luck to you!

Edited by gbarcelo