Livetarget Adult Trout 7.5" first impressions

Campobassmaster

So I recently purchased one of these from TW and am quite impressed. This will be a first impression review as I have no gotten to fish it enough to get bit.

The lure is weighted quite well and falls at a good speed, not too fast or slow, and falls evenly horizontally. 

The bait's fin incorporated weedguard works quite well surprisingly. At first I thought this would be bad, as I fish a lake with tons of hydrilla, even on the bottom of the lake in winter. The bait never snagged up for me during the few hours I've had to fish it. 

The tail lets out a nice thump, similar to a huddleston 8" but it is a bit more noticeable through the rod, and I believe the bait to be just as sensitive to feeling the bottom, if not more, than a hudd (I was quite surprised) 

Due to no bites yet, I do not have experience with the weedguard and hook up ratio or the hook itself, but after messing with the weedguard it is quite flexible and will move out of the way easily, and the hook seems to be trokar, which are quality hooks. 

The bait works very well at all speeds, I would still prefer a hudd for slow slow crawling, but on a slow steady retrieve - moderate or fast I would say this bait works great, does not turn over and swims true.

If anyone has anything else to add feel free. Overall this bait was bought to see what another mainstream company would do in the swimbait game, and like other livetarget products, I am impressed. Definitely exceeded my expectations and it as at a good price point too. I would not hesitate trying one out if you want to try something a bit different from a hudd or mag.

Thanks, 

Jack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone have luck with this yet? Doing some shopping this weekend since mother nature blessed us with more snow and ice and wondering if I should pick one up.

Thanks guys!

Def worth the $$. I mean if you have some extra cash snag a hudd, but this is a very close alternative.