Mystery bait = 10" Wake Bait

JDHanson79

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not mine, I am already getting hook rash and teeth marks 8-)

Seems most people are either hiding the fact that they are catching anything in this bait or people just haven't. I was hoping to today, my DVL trip got rescheduled, but I still might go somewhere else today. Got any pics/video? :D

Seems most people are either hiding the fact that they are catching anything in this bait or people just haven't. I was hoping to today, my DVL trip got rescheduled, but I still might go somewhere else today. Got any pics/video? :D

It's on it way 8-)

Man JD you gotta quit makeing these videos or never mind i have to quit watching these videos makeing me gealous of not being able to order one on the release.Man what a bait mickey again knocked one out the park. Absolutley love my wake jrs and this man what can i say simply amazing in every aspect paint,color,size,action,durability,just not on the end of my rod atleast for now fingers crossed and pray everynight for oneday be able to enjoy the badas-ness of what is known as the "MYSTERY WAKE" Graet videos and advice

• 3 weeks later...

It's on it way 8-)

Video yet, Josh?

• 2 weeks later...

well...i am pretty new here...so i would like to add to this thread...i have fished the 10" wake bait in green trout for roughly five hours. i use a new model Shimano Crucial Heavy Swimbait rod and a Cardiff 301 with #30 P-Line CXX. This isn't a custom set up but it suits my needs.

This is my first and only 3:16 hard bait and i can't fish it enough. it is so fun. it has a great steady retrieve, it is great as a dead stick bait, and the tail-slap is amazing. you can hear it from far away. it just about walks in place,tail-slapping side to side while hardly moving forward at all. the bait is also durable and barely shows any hook rash. the bill shows signs of wear with some minor scratches. i only fish this bait in city parks that are stocked with trout. the top water bite has yet to turn on, but i did get a little guy barely bigger than the bait. two stupid-ass birds grabbed it briefly but wisely dropped it before getting introduced to some rather sharp owner hooks. passersby think it is a real trout that i caught and others are amazed #1) that i fish a bait so big and #2) that fish bite such a large bait. otherwise it has been a lot of practice working the bait, which is a blast. this lure rocks.

thanks for reading.

• 4 weeks later...

One thing about this bait is do you remember when you first started swimbaiting and you had a 6in hudd.Then one day you decide to buy an 8in hudd and you get it and your like whooo.Look how much bigger it is than the 6in.You think to yourself wow i thought only 2in wouldn't make that much differance but yeah it does.That is the sme thing with this bait.Wake Jr maybe 7.5in or close to it but this mystery bait is bigggggg... And i absolutely love it.Wake jr has to be my favorite bait of all time most enjoyable and productive for me atleast so when i had oppurtunity to get mystery which is suped up version of jr Game On.And yes that clack you hear in bens video and jd hansons that is very true.Loud and big.Haven't had bait long but same action and versitile as wake jr just magnified by 3. Can't wait to really get into fishing this bait.Probably gonna dedicate one of my big bait rods just for this bait and leave it on.I have a couple key spots in mind for this one so hell yeah this bait ain't made for no collection its made for chasing big girls get these baits out and fish them like mickey intended them for.Don't be scared :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
I probably wont start chucking this bait for another month or two, but one thing i want to add. In a conversation with Mickey the other day, we were talking about the "sucka" color. He said that with this color, while your cranking it down to give it a quick jerk and its like a mirror flash in the water. I dont know if that holds true for all the paint jobs, but he pointed that out with the sucka. Just thought id add. Keep up the reviews Josh!

I have the kokanee color and man does this work,Reeled it under gave a quick jerk and man looked like a bass or big shad just ripped past.Can't wait to put in so much more work with this bait.