Mickey's New Glidebait.... Chartuese Smoke $300

Colonel Angus

Looks like gas is $2/gallon by the lake. Dude had to pay $50 for the opportunity to buy the bait. He made enough to get 25 gallons of gas. Not to mention wear and tear driving there.

In other words, I'm not sure he came out ahead selling for $300. I know I would have rather hung onto it for all that effort, good on him for giving us all a chance to snag one without all that work.

Really don't care about dude flipping baits, and maybe I'll bring on some hate and should just keep my mouth shut... But that wouldn't be me. The money spent to get there, to get in, to do whatever besides buy baits goes as entertainment value in my book. Heck I'd pay 300$ just to fish open water for a full day! So basically in my opinion it's the people who are willing to buy the bait at the marked up price are the ones causing the problem. This is capitalism at its finest. I guess we all have to wait for an "owners recession" before high regard baits are affordable. Until then...?

Was he the young guy with a Tattoo on his Right Calf? If so, yeah he was buying everything he could get his hands on, even a $400 Rod. 

Guy was in heaven..  He may have to walk back to Florida with that 8'6" Rod. LOL

Colonel Angus if someone would have walked up to me shook my hand and said "Hey man we came from out of state and we were late and couldn't get a bait.." I would have handed you my spare, you wouldn't have even had to ask. I was under the impression everyone had gotten at least one. I don't need to defend myself but I'm a man of integrity and traveled to meet people, learn and have fun (which I did).. baits and fishing were a plus. It's a bummer those guys were late and probably missed some good stuff. I'm sure the man who makes the baits will make It right if you ask.

BTW the rod was 450 and 8'3" . I flew back to Florida with a round trip plane ticket that cost more than that. And heaven is my cabin on a lake that I built with my own hands.

-Rob

Looks like gas is $2/gallon by the lake. Dude had to pay $50 for the opportunity to buy the bait. He made enough to get 25 gallons of gas. Not to mention wear and tear driving there.

In other words, I'm not sure he came out ahead selling for $300. I know I would have rather hung onto it for all that effort, good on him for giving us all a chance to snag one without all that work.

Thanks and for the Record.........Diesel is 3:25 in Tx.

Colonel Angus if someone would have walked up to me shook my hand and said "Hey man we came from out of state and we were late and couldn't get a bait.." I would have handed you my spare, you wouldn't have even had to ask. I was under the impression everyone had gotten at least one. I don't need to defend myself but I'm a man of integrity and traveled to meet people, learn and have fun (which I did).. baits and fishing were a plus. It's a bummer those guys were late and probably missed some good stuff. I'm sure the man who makes the baits will make It right if you ask.

BTW the rod was 450 and 8'3" . I flew back to Florida with a round trip plane ticket that cost more than that. And heaven is my cabin on a lake that I built with my own hands.

-Rob

Nice meeting and chatting with you Rob!

-Rob

I was the guy standing in line with you, when you told me about your travels. I "gave" one to the guys from Tulsa at the same price I paid 200 in keeping with Mickey's plan to develop the group and not alleviate folks from the experience.  It was good meeting you, remember to reel fast and hold on tight... Denny

I just think this is funny..

- First off, why are FISHERMAN always counting someone else's pockets!?
If you don't like something being bought or sold, you don't have to buy it nor comment

Have you guys heard the phrase "What you eat don't make me $h!t"

- I think if these people who are knocking the sale would worry about getting to these events and participating then they would be better off..

Thats like saying you would of caught more fish at the tournament yesterday but you are saying this while sitting on your couch..

- Lastly, people buy and do whatever THEY want to do... So stop it with all these sideways hater comments because you are butt hurt over not being able to go/score a bait...

Congratulate them for going and making the effort and keep it pushing..

The swimbait world would be a better place if more people stayed in their lane!

My .2