Peacock meat bag

Tyler Schmidt

Love the reaction when snapped the rod...Out of curiosity, what rod were you using?

I'd rather not say until I find out if they are going to warranty it but it was a 7ft heavy, shouldn't of snapped. I have flipped fish bigger than that in with it

I thought the aggressive behavior of spots/smallmouth were untouchable but boy was I wrong, peas blow them out of the water. Too bad they are not a "real" bass

Few freshwater fish can compare to a peacock bass pound for pound thats for sure.Largemouth bass aren't real bass either, they are actually in the sunfish family.Real bass are Striped bass,white bass,yellow bass,etc.

Nice catches.Wait until you catch your first peacock bass over 8,it will make you want to stop largemouth bass fishing for a long time.

That's what I'm shooting for! I am already addicted. I had a big one, at least 6+ inhale the shine glide...but I watched it happen and got excited and ripped the trebles out of her mouth. Went back the next day and had her follow the mag draft twice but I haven't seen her since

That's what I'm shooting for! I am already addicted. I had a big one, at least 6+ inhale the shine glide...but I watched it happen and got excited and ripped the trebles out of her mouth. Went back the next day and had her follow the mag draft twice but I haven't seen her since

You will catch a +6 pounder for sure,just keep hitting the spot where you caught those big peacock bass.Make sure to set your drag good since the +6 pounders love to give multiple runs and they dont stop fighting,even when you land/boat them. Dont let them jump too many times since they can throw a lure better than a largemouth.

Dope man, always wanted to fish for these guys too.

They are all over Miami Dade,Broward,and West Palm Beach counties.Almost every canal has them and you easily catch 10 or more of them on a good day.Propbaits,jerkbaits,crankbaits, and jigs are great lures for them.Swimbaits work well,especially for spawners,but then again almost anything works well on a spawning peacock bass.

They are all over Miami Dade,Broward,and West Palm Beach counties.Almost every canal has them and you easily catch 10 or more of them on a good day.Propbaits,jerkbaits,crankbaits, and jigs are great lures for them.Swimbaits work well,especially for spawners,but then again almost anything works well on a spawning peacock bass.

I have seen on youtube people fishing deeper clear water lakes (ponds, canals?) and even school up, I would love to get onto a clear body of water and fish for them. Do you happen to know of any such places? Where I fish, it is fairly stained with a lot of hydrilla. Scott Martin was one of the youtube videos where he was catching them schooling in a deep clear lake