316 lures

5150KokaneeEaters

Go to baits with no hook rash?

I was thinking the exact same thing, I think a lot of these guys just like to send pics of their collections back and forth to each other and to Mickey for his approval.  Daddy issues!!!!!  lurejerk is the only one i ever see with good fish pics caught on these baits!!

I was thinking the exact same thing, I think a lot of these guys just like to send pics of their collections back and forth to each other and to Mickey for his approval.  Daddy issues!!!!!  lurejerk is the only one i ever see with good fish pics caught on these baits!!

the mind of a hater

I Just have to chime in here... I see a lot of unrashed non 3:16 baits of all brands floating around here and elsewhere all the time. 

I have lots of baits and many of them mint... & not because of some underlining daddy issues, but rather for several reasons which I need not explain but just for ish and giggles... First and foremost I acquire them to fish. I throw unicorns just to watch them fly... and swim back to me and because they look pretty hanging from a fishes face. I acquire them because I like them. I acquire them  because for me personally they are a symbol of a mans initial salvation. I acquire them because I truly believe in them and have full confidence in them.

I acquire them because they are of unparalleled quality and craftsmanship in their realm, and never let me down in terms of tuning or versatility all out drawing power & action and flat out get bit. I acquire them because they are finite and I want enough for my Dad and brother or any company I may keep to fish should they so choose or because a certain bite on color, size of bait or action and want all of that as an available option at my discretion. For me they are toys and tools & the same thing that fascinated me as a boy entertains me as a man I'm not too cool to admit I harass fish out of childhood wonderment. Love to interface with nature, and anything that represents that and will make that more fun along the way, well I want it and I want two of em at least. For me 3:16s are like senkos or jigs or any lure for that matter.... And like most fisherman having variety and back ups of Ol' favorites isn't a new concept or uncommon. I have actually lost a few I swim for them when I can and often have bets wagered as to just when will I be going in to rescue a car payment and whether I'll even find it.... 99.9% of the time I do but sometimes the odds and elements are against me and alas I begrudgingly have to let it go. Back to the point, my conviction and resolve may different than most but that's just my level of obsession that is born of my loyalty to fishing and to the game and pursuit of my quarry. I like most have too many lures by my own admission. I could sell my collection and probably fly around the world... (Which by implication sounds as disgusting as it is awesome) or I can fish the heck out of em and hand down em all down to my kids and grand kids because God dammit lures are cool. Do you know how much useless ish you own or spend money on??? At least my disposable income is permanently relevant to me and the fish... and hell even the next guy that wants one when I can warm up to letting a few go. I even give them as gifts to my right hand man my baby brother, just because he's not as crazy as me to buy em, but he sure likes em all the same. Brat lol here's your own... I don't drink alcohol or coffee for instance, so just in the absence of those "American favorite pastime" addictions alone I afford my self the luxury to invest in the pageantry of it all. That's my prerogative. It's not for Mickey or my Dad or to pass pics... Noones even seen my whole collection just glimpses... So even though I don't qualify I just couldn't help but speak up. I can only throw one lure at a time and only so many in a day... Some just won't have rash that's just the way it is. Also there is a way to cast and fish and store ones investment thoroughly without beating them the heck up, but I digress:)

Free bumb:)

the mind of a hater

Mason I dont hate at all.  What I said is more true than it is false.  Why is it if someone doesnt think 316 baits are THE HANDS DOWN BEST then they are a hater?  I have 316 baits that i love.  But i dont blindly assume they are the best baits in the world.  My days and weeks are good or bad based on whether or not i got a '316 package'.  And i dont stare at my phone when out to dinner with my girl, looking for 316 baits and waiting on texts to see if i got a bunch or not.  and I dont have poor relationships with my children and a crap ton of debt over some particular brand of anything.  I mean, mickey could post a flaming turd with 316 stamped on the side, call it 'one of his personal baits' and at least one grown man on here who probably hasnt ever caught a fish on a 316 bait or a swimbait would comment  with that little fire symbol and say 'oh mickey, you're killing it man, keep up the awesome work, you're the best'.  ugh, its embarassing to read that crap.

Mason I dont hate at all.  What I said is more true than it is false.  Why is it if someone doesnt think 316 baits are THE HANDS DOWN BEST then they are a hater? 

nope.How is it that you can honestly claim people with 316s have daddy issues and say all these bad things like im blindly assuming 316s are the best when you get mad that im making a "blind" assumption that you are a hater? I call you a hater for saying anybody with 316s has daddy issues and than you say its unjustified because you like 316 but don't blindly assume they are the best?I never even said 316s were the best baits on the planet and it wouldn't matter if they are because every swimbait is just a different tool to get the job done.But sure..insult me based off of my lure of choice and than claim im wrong for calling you a hater.And the one thing ive noticed throughout every hater is there ability to drag someone down for doing something that does not concern said hater whatsoever.Which you seem to be doing.Your tellin me that there are guys out there who are bad fathers because they choose to spend $ on 316.Why does that even concern you?

Edited by mjw2121

nope.How is it that you can honestly claim people with 316s have daddy issues and say all these bad things like im blindly assuming 316s are the best when you get mad that im making a "blind" assumption that you are a hater? I call you a hater for saying anybody with 316s has daddy issues and than you say its unjustified because you like 316 but don't blindly assume they are the best?I never even said 316s were the best baits on the planet and it wouldn't matter if they are because every swimbait is just a different tool to get the job done.But sure..insult me based off of my lure of choice and than claim im wrong for calling you a hater.

I never singled anyone out.  I said 'a lot of these guys'.  And thats true.  The daddy issues were more for the ones that always have to say 'i'm talking to Mickey tonight' or 'i just got off the phone with Mickey'.  They know who they are.  Who cares, he's just a human being.  I never ever said 'anybody with 316 has daddy issues'.  and I couldnt agree with you more, every bait serves a particular purpose.  i was referring more to the guys with 200 of them that havent seen water but claim they are the best, thus blindly.  

JJ77. Then just say what you mean. Your posts grouped a bunch of people together. I'm a damn good father, a damn good husband, and make enough money to buy whatever baits I want. I don't like bait collectors. I buy my stuff to fish it. But who cares what someone else has or spends money on? It's not up to you so deal with it.

JJ77. Then just say what you mean. Your posts grouped a bunch of people together. I'm a damn good father, a damn good husband, and make enough money to buy whatever baits I want. I don't like bait collectors. I buy my stuff to fish it. But who cares what someone else has or spends money on? It's not up to you so deal with it.

k, great.  I never said I cared what people spent their money on.  I said exactly:

I was thinking the exact same thing, I think a lot of these guys just like to send pics of their collections back and forth to each other and to Mickey for his approval.  Daddy issues!!!!!  

I didnt say they shouldnt have collections, i was just saying what goes on with some of them, again, a true statement.

I made a statement.  A true one.  I said 'a lot of these guys' which is true.  Daddy issues was probably a generalization that I could have left out but at the same time some of the infatuation with Mickey and 'talking to him' and heaping praise on every pic he posts is creepy.  I dont even want to know what went on at revolution when he told everyone 'lights out'.  Probably some really uncomfortable trips back to the Delta!  ouch!