Battles Shad

dosesqs

Half the people that bought them won't fish them. One is worth the $25....they aren't even close to a WRS so I'm not sure who is saying that(jon!!). Unfortunately, I could only get one and the people that are gonna flip them got 4+.

These guys are trying to make some money.  They are following the same capitalistic rules any other company with any business sense follows.  Take advantage of the hot market.  Create hype.  Take advantage of trends.  Maximize profits.  Avoid tax penalty buy selling them "2nd hand".  Etc etc etc. I don't blame them.  It makes sense.  They should continue it as long as the demand is there.

No one should be complaining about how these guys run their business.  If you don't agree with them ignore them and their products imo.

You are absolutely correct that all of us are free to not buy from people we choose.  However the "avoid tax penalty by selling them 'second hand'' is NOT good business sense.  It is a federal and state crime called tax evasion.  The reputable guys don't operate that way.  End of rant.

And just to be clear, I think that WCZ falls into the class of reputable guys like most of the swimbait makers.

You are absolutely correct that all of us are free to not buy from people we choose.  However the "avoid tax penalty by selling them 'second hand'' is NOT good business sense.  It is a federal and state crime called tax evasion.  The reputable guys don't operate that way.  End of rant.

And just to be clear, I think that WCZ falls into the class of reputable guys like most of the swimbait makers.

I agree with you in principle.  I pay my taxes according to the law.  I own my own business and could dodge a lot of it.  I don't because it doesn't sit well with my personal moral code despite my belief that my tax burden is a bit unfair.  Also I don't want to go to jail.

HOWEVER, most big businesses work very hard to avoid paying their fair share of taxes and they escape it a lot of the time.  They are also rarely punished.  If a small business owner feels he can get away with it and rest well at night doing it.  Who am I to judge?  He isn't doing anything that Apple, Exxon, or Haliburton aren't doing.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to clear something up.  In no way was I referring to the Battle Shad being a copy or a knock off of a WRS, they obviously are 2 totally different looking baits, especially when it comes to profile.  However, they seem to be similar in the sense of their purpose of being a boot tail style weedless bait rigged with a weighted beast hook.  If you were not able to get a Battle Shad, try the WRS as they are readily available and a cheaper option until more BS become available. 

• 3 weeks later...