Dobyns fury 806

Springtimejammin

Just picked up a dobyns fury 806, it's my first deticated swimbait rod. I haven't fished it yet but first impressions are that it is a great looking rod, it feels well balanced. I'm pairing it with a Lexa 300 spooled with big game 25lbs, mostly gonna be throwing hudds maybe some glide baits. Anyways I'm pretty excited about it right now, I'll post a real review after I've fished it.

Got one last Friday... great rod so far... 4.5 oz or so seems to be the sweet spot.... been throwing bullshad 4x4, Nez XL, slammers and 10" TT's on it... Rods a bit soft to throw a jig hook bait IMO... Nez XL felt pretty maxed out on it for my comfort... wouldn't plan on throwing anything heavier than that.

Got one last Friday... great rod so far... 4.5 oz or so seems to be the sweet spot.... been throwing bullshad 4x4, Nez XL, slammers and 10" TT's on it... Rods a bit soft to throw a jig hook bait IMO... Nez XL felt pretty maxed out on it for my comfort... wouldn't plan on throwing anything heavier than that.

I was planning on getting the same setup as you OP but this is what I was afraid of. I was hoping the rod would be up to the task of chucking some hudds and be able to touch it's upper weight rating. 

Hit the water today, super windy conditions cut my day short but threw an s waver 200, and the rod performed great, no issues, very comfortable, good action/power for the 200. Didn't get a chance to throw the hudd and didn't get any bites, but still good day breakin in some fresh gear.

Is this the same blank as the Champion 806 with cheaper hardware? If so it's a hell of a deal.

Love my 806 Champion, I've thrown everything from Bullshads to a DEPS 250 on it. Perfect 9" Slammer rod. Fine for STE or BB rigged 8" Hudds too.

Edited by Wes P

Is this the same blank as the Champion 806 with cheaper hardware? If so it's a hell of a deal.

Love my 806 Champion, I've thrown everything from Bullshads to a DEPS 250 on it. Perfect 9" Slammer rod. Fine for STE or BB rigged 8" Hudds too.

i heard somewhere that it is a different blank but that may be a mistake

I think it would I got phoneys coming this week I can get back to you guys later on it... Rod seems to handle up to 5 oz well! It'll throw a hudd no prob you'll just want to run trebles like Wes said. I rock jig hooks on most of my hudds so I like a faster action than this rod has for that application.

Edited by chrisstanley11