Illude Review Request

RileyFisher12

I've had a couple. I recently got rid of the smaller ones for the larger one. The only problem I had was the joint would chip. I do believe they changed the angle of the joint to prevent it from chipping. Even with the chips it still got bit. Almost everything about it is handmade. The exceptions being the split rings, hooks, and the solid ring at the line tie.

The components ar owner st36's, wolverine triple splits and I believe the solid ring is owner. The bait is yellow cedar if I remember correctly. The line tie, eyelets, and joint are made of twisted wire. They pour their own tails as well(which are super soft btw). Paint is super durable.

I was throwing the dayshift (smaller one) on a dobyns 806 cxp with Daiwa HD 200 with defier in 22lb. This bait cast way better than I thought. By that what I mean is that the bait feels light especially on that set up. I didn't experience helicoptering with this set up. The bait creates a nice wake for its size. I didn't do much cranking with but like Tim said it will get down a few feet.

Overall a very good bait. I wouldn't hesitate buying one and may add another down the road. And if you have any problems Illude's customer service is really good.

Take this with a grain of salt lol, I've only fished with two different rats (rad and a WSB) and my observations are based on the use of these two baits.

The rad has a subtler swim to it and a very natural gurgling knock. Its head has a nice easy wobble to it and the ass end kinda floats it and kicks the wake. It'll dive to about 2' when you burn it and it runs pretty true, will get sideways a bit if you over do it. My scale has it at 1.6 oz and I throw it on a 200 size reel and a powell swimbait rod, so its doable with smaller gear. I don't have a whole lot of time throwing it, max of about 5-6 trips, fishing it early on dead calm windless mid summer mornings. I've taken two smaller grade fish with it but its been hit a few times by noncommittal fish. Best action has been a crawl off the bank and then burned a couple feet. On the delta, most of the rats, otters and beavers I've seen have a mellow swim to em so I think its a good fit. Only downside I've had was the rear hook can get hung up on the backside of the bait and ruin a cast, but thats not a huge issue.

I definitely like the rad rat, probably gonna pick up another just cause i like the natural wood look lol.

post-26998-0-95334700-1488434921_thumb.jpg

Edited by tHeINFamoUS

• 2 weeks later...