***Buyer/Trader Warning***

Luke V.

If you want to provide me details if you bad deal with him I can forward it to the authorities too. We have the internet fraud division and Syracuse PD working on it. My email is mtriewe@yahoo.com. There are some guys oh the forum I had the bad trade through that are well connected in his area.

Did you ever contact the authorities? I contacted my local police chief, and will go from there. My reel was $330+ so I am not going to let this one go...

No, I did not. I hope you get some sort of resolution out of this.

Just so you know man, I am helping get you stuff back from this guy.

Did you ever contact the authorities? I contacted my local police chief, and will go from there. My reel was $330+ so I am not going to let this one go...

No, I did not. I hope you get some sort of resolution out of this.

Just so you know man, I am helping get you stuff back from this guy.

Thanks Justin, I appreciate it. What exactly is being done?

Hey guys, Gary (Bronzefly) on the BBC has been in contact with his parents and this thing has been blown wide open and Patrick exposed, people are getting their items back. So if you've lost something in a trade with Patrick, contact Gary and you may be able to get your stuff back.

Here's a link to the entire BBC thread......Hope it's okay this time SBU moderators, this is important to helping our members get their STOLEN gear back!

http://www.bbcboards.net/bbc-lounge/250 ... orums.html

Posted by Bronzefly on the BBC:

Scammer in the Syracuse, NY area working BBC and other fishing forums...

"Guys, it looks like we have a thief working BBC and other internet fishing forums. We need to get the word out about this individual. He's been using several different names to scam people, but the same email and physical mailing address.

His name may well be Patrick O'Connell or any of the following:

"Pat conner" "Patrick Conner" "pat connor" "patrick O'Conner" "Thomas Connor" These all appear to be the same person.

More information about this individual and his email and physical address can be found in this thread:"

http://www.bbcboards.net/reels-4-sal...ggestions.html

UPDATE by Gary:

BBC is bringing the heat on this one guys!! He may have realized that he's poked a hornets nest by messing with a BBC'er... More to come - we aren't going to leave this alone until law enforcement gets involved and that process is in the works...

UPDATE by Gary:

Alright guys - here is the update. I just spoke with his parents and they are VERY disappointed in the actions of their son. They are willing to go through all of their son's tackle and make sure that everyone who had items stolen gets them back. I know there are a couple of you guys here who were taken, so if you haven't already, please send me a detailed list of what you lost. And Bushwhacker - your reel is being shipped back to you tomorrow.

The reach of BBC is far and wide indeed - this situation appears to be coming to a conclusion much more quickly than expected due to the efforts of Friends of BBC in the local area. I want to thank everyone here in the BBC community for working to take care of each other. This is a small community and I'm extremely proud to be a part of it.

Another Post by Gary:

His MO has been to agree to a trade, the other guy ships the stuff to him and he never ships anything in return. I'm in communication with his parents right now and they are working on getting everything together that has been taken so that it can be returned. I'm still waiting on a list of items from at least one other BBC member, but have a few lists compiled and in his parents hands already.

If you've got a dog in this fight don't wait, contact Gary ASAP!

BBI

:D

Way to kick butt Gary, he runs a first class show. Thanks for all of your help in the past Gary, I hope this will all work out and this young man learns his lesson so he does not make these mistakes later on in life. Gary is a kick butt moderator and helps make the BBC a great site to buy and trade on.

• 3 months later...
hey some one named bassbass wants my lunkers and i dont want to get ripped off so juist to be safe has any one else traded or sold him stuff?

First of all, this isn't the place to post that, there is a user feedback section above this post in the black market.

Second, yes, Brian is a good guy to deal with and he is trustworthy.

hey some one named bassbass wants my lunkers and i dont want to get ripped off so juist to be safe has any one else traded or sold him stuff?

Couple things:

1. Look at the feedback section.

2. You aren't posting pics with your stuff and seem to get bunched up when people ask you to post pics.

3. All your posts have been in the Black Market, so I would be more skeptical of you than I would bassbass.

He's good people. I know this from PMs and his general presence on the boards. Not so sure about you yet. Stick around and get to know people in places other than the "For Sale" area.

There is your SBU lesson for the day.

Couple things:

2. You aren't posting pics with your stuff and seem to get bunched up when people ask you to post pics.

3. All your posts have been in the Black Market, so I would be more skeptical of you than I would bassbass.

He's good people. I know this from PMs and his general presence on the boards. Not so sure about you yet. Stick around and get to know people in places other than the "For Sale" area.

Well said! :D

Couple things:

+1 on everything. Brian is a good dude.

First…Thanks guys for the good words.

Second….Tripletroutabc,

Please keep my user name out of the ***Buyer/Trader Warning*** post. You are the one in question and I am not going to play 15 year old BS games on line. Next time you post something for sale and people reply asking what color….just post the f$cking color.

I have made many deals on SU and the “other†site with no issues. I have helped people get the baits they are looking for and they did the same for me.

I did not say I "wanted" the punkers. I asked you what color are they.

You need to get your story right.............Also if you sell the baits you get the money first and then ship the baits out, unless you have done deals with the person before, so there is no issue on getting "ripped off". I also never mentioned anything about trading, so what is this f$cking post all about.