***3:16 Knockoff scam alert***

Rubberdaddy

I sent you a friendly PM asking for your method of aquiring freestyles and you give me the cold shoulder? Typical. Maybe i dont get your point. You feel the need to voice your opinion and get my hopes up, but you're not willing to help. Let me ask you.. why you here bro? Your method is that you have a buddy that hooks you up at retail price huh? Great! The demand of these baits is doing a good job of dividing people.

orrrrrrr...maybe I was out fishing and couldn't respond to you immediately?!What a weird thing?A grown man who doesn't get an instant response in the PM's and so he makes it public.My world doesn't revolve around you bud.Have a good one.

Naw bro.. trying throw another log on the fire just for the hell of it. Hope you catch a pig homie. Just make sure you get back to me lol. Im just salty cause all my swimbait reels are at shimano getting serviced and cant fish.

Edited by BNI

Let's just recap - Tom English bought a knockoff bait, nfi. He also sells many MANY verifiable baits and seems like a pretty good dude. Brock, Pizz, and Matt are good dudes and great bait makers. Lots of butt hurt. Rinse and repeat.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Not creative, but nothing wrong with burning copies of baits for personal use. Like most other posts here, that's an opinion. Feel free to agree or not :)

On another note, my chickens are laying eggs, and I built a 10' x 2' x 2' cedar garden box today. Crummy weather, but a good day. I hate cold water.

Not creative, but nothing wrong with burning copies of baits for personal use. Like most other posts here, that's an opinion. Feel free to agree or not :)

On another note, my chickens are laying eggs, and I built a 10' x 2' x 2' cedar garden box today. Crummy weather, but a good day. I hate cold water.

Was it a copy or an original design.....just kidding.

I haven't read through the 100 pages of comments yet, so I'm not sure where this ended off. I haven't been on here in a while, so I wanted to share my story with Tom.

Tom and I went to church together for years until the last year or so of which Tom switched churches. We are still fishing buddies and really good friends. Between the two of us and another friend of ours, the closest Tom has ever been to making his own bait is discussing the idea with the three of us. He doesn't even know how to do it, at least hasn't attempted it to this day. He has a passion for swimbaits and their creativity and even moreso fishing in general - We found this community of swimbait fishing together, and he's been hooked ever since. Without him I wouldn't be as passionate of a fisherman as I am today. Again, I have 110% assurance that Tom is not the creator of these fake baits that seem to be going around. And the only reason why I just found about this is because we no longer go to the same church and I've been busy with my first child that is 1 month away from getting here. I wish I would have known about this sooner to help squash these false accusations.

The only baits that he ever had re-painted were I believe by Pizz Customs, and that was only because they were beat to a pulp and were deserving of a re-paint - I saw them so I know. I follow his for sale/for trade listings, and I remember seeing those listed specifically advertised as "repaints" by Pizz. He did not falsely advertise.

I'll continue reading through this thread, but the accusations against him are ridiculous and 100% false. I understand why Mickey is pissed off, but I have no idea how this got back to Tom except for the fact that he has previously owned/traded a ton of his baits. Tom is a legit dude, and while I don't have the reputation on here to be very credible, you can see that we are from the same town.

Maybe this has all blown over by now, but I hope this clears things up even a little.