***3:16 Knockoff scam alert***

Rubberdaddy

This is sad...Being a baitmakers myself gives me a little bit of a sense of just how much work goes into Mickey's baits. And still I can't imagine all the effort he puts into making his product of such quality and reliability. Copy pasting his work is showing no appreciation of this.

TJ, I appreciate the heads up even though I don't personally buy repaints of Mickeys stuff.

For everyone else...

Just to be clear the recent Koke BAA "Waker" and Many of Toms baits posted here publicly have been factory paint straight from Mickey... Just for the record now behind the scenes I can't say but before the blind assumptions of everyone feeling like they got burned or almost got burned that's simply not the case... I can't remember any repaints sold from him publicly here.

Mickeys paint cannot be copied. I put all my 3:16s on that.

I don't know Tom personally or have any loyalty but I did want to clarify that the recent Wake Jrs & all the Regular Trout BAA's have been authentic. Again I have zero stake in this and clearly someone is the culprit perhaps even him behind the scenes I have no way of knowing but I know my 3:16s and have even bought some from Tom in the past and they were the genuine article. I am not endorsing character but rather just trying to clarify some before hysteria breaks out. Repaints are fairly rare and stand out a mile away...

I'd venture to say the Pike and Peacock Bass colorway BAA in circulation are both the genuine article as well.

I'd be happy to jump in and offer my assistance to anyone unsure of any of there baits as well.

Also There are several variations of 10" Wakes by generation of release the nuances arn't necessarily overwhelmingly obvious at a glance or to the untrained eye but not every 10" is OG in fact there are several iterations of the OG 10" and even OG Arm as well.

All this is to say I don't know everything but I do kind of know my ish when it comes to 3:16s... and of course am humbly open for correction, however I'm not speaking from mere opinion but rather from facts I've gathered over the years by ownership and credible sources among us... But mostly by just using my eyes and being a person keen on nuance.

Again I'm happy to review any potential worry and help you out in any way I can as well and if I'm unsure for some reason I'll be candid about it and happily point you in the right direction.

Safest rule of thumb don't buy or support repaints from unknown or vouched for sources, or at all. This is BS on so many levels I don't even know where to start. Whether it was to Mickey Ellis or anyone else for that matter. This is straight scummy under belly BS straight up. These cats should be banned and blacklisted after making everything right. It is stealing from all parties involved. 

BTW none of the baits deemed unicorns were repaints to my memory... So the few actual unicorns were in fact the genuine article so rest assure... but even if you are still unsure either TJ or I or any number of solid dudes on here can help sort you out and calm your nerves. Not saying this BS isn't happening as clearly it is but lets chill on the broad spectrum hysteria and witch hunt. Again Mickeys paint is unmistakable, one should familiarize themselves with the mans actual work and skill before jumping on the new unicorn hype train. There's a certain honor in acknowledging another mans work.. being unable to discern original paint signature paint from the source, kind of undermines the authenticity of your interest in which case you shouldn't even be concerned if your buying a knock off or not... Not to be callous but it kind of needs to be said. However there are plenty new or just don't know as well so I don't mean to be unfair. It just seems you would be in the know or want to be before shelling out serious money for baits.

I maintain my stance in that I'm happy to try and help in anyway I can and it'd be my pleasure to do so.  

Please read before continuing the witch hunt... Again can't vouch for behind the scenes but most of what affects anyone here immediately would be in direct correlation to the sales that take place here openly. Every photographed bait I've seen thus far get moved here to the best of my memory from Tom at least the last several months was a real 3:16... Why you would buy something you haven't scene unrelated to a post is beyond me unless it's from  trusted source. Which is to say if you bought said bait pictured your good to go. I don't know him from the dude across the street but lets keep it 100% accurate and save some drama. Forgive me if I'm way off base it just seems fair and reasonable. If you weren't burned then just stay on the sidelines maybe? 

Please read before continuing the witch hunt... Again can't vouch for behind the scenes but most of what affects anyone here immediately would be in direct correlation to the sales that take place here openly. Every photographed bait I've seen thus far get moved here to the best of my memory from Tom at least the last several months was a real 3:16... Why you would buy something you haven't scene unrelated to a post is beyond me unless it's from  trusted source. Which is to say if you bought said bait pictured your good to go. I don't know him from the dude across the street but lets keep it 100% accurate and save some drama. Forgive me if I'm way off base it just seems fair and reasonable. If you weren't burned then just stay on the sidelines maybe? 

He's definitely sold plenty of legit baits... He has also admitted to Mickey to being part of knocking off his baits. 

Edited by Rubberdaddy

Wow that's ballsy I'm not sure how to process that lol Damn SMH ...Why just Why on all levels... who does that??? Openly being a douche isn't any more honorable lol and why spend so much on baits if you don't genuinely like them why disrespect them in that way??

I never much cared for the dude but I thought I'd at least state the facts I did know. Again appreciate the heads up... Did Mickey call him out? Or was he bragging like some loony toon? 

Wow that's ballsy I'm not sure how to process that lol Damn SMH ...Why just Why on all levels... who does that??? Openly being a douche isn't any more honorable lol and why spend so much on baits if you don't genuinely like them why disrespect them in that way??

I never much cared for the dude but I thought I'd at least state the facts I did know. Again appreciate the heads up... Did Mickey call him out? Or was he bragging like some loony toon? 

Mickey figured things out, and called him on it... 

Sorry for my rant guys I just thought I'd clear things up as for what was in fact real sold lately (Publicly) after reading some of the comments... I again was in no way endorsing said strangers character outside of of my one deal with him. I was only seeking to help clarify as I'm pretty damn familiar with what are some of my most beloved baits for over a decade and counting. Anyhow thanks again TJ for the info.  

Wow just wow! I woke up this morning to read the 3:16 knockoff issue and I'm in shock just like everyone else.I know Tom English because I met him here like all of you.He has been a friend to me here like with many of you as we'll.He's always been a gentleman and has never sold me anything fraudulent or repainted.

The only 3:16 repaints I have are a few Baby Wakes that were in badly need of repaint after seasons of use and sent them to Paul Smith of Pizz Customs for repaint like many of you also do.Just donated one here for the Traveling Baby Wake program. I have purchased 3:16 baits from him also like all of you.I had ZERO knowledge or involvement in anything fraudulent and just PMd TJ (Rubberdaddy) my mobile phone in case he or Mickey would like to reach out to me for any information they may need to clear the air of this fraudulent activity.

All I do is fish and collect 3:16 baits because I truly admire Mickey's craft and I try to help this swimbaiting community by giving away 3:16 baits in order to give access to some folks that never had the chance to try out Mickey's phenomenal products.Have a great weekend everyone and God Bless...

Just woke up and saw this. Just to make it clear to everyone. I HAVE NEVER MADE A SINGLE SWIMBAIT EVER. I'm not sure why I'm being drug into this. So here is the real story for anyone who cares.

I had some baits break and sent them to mickey to be fixed. He called me cussing me out saying I was making knock off baits.

I have never made a bait ever. I was approached a few weeks ago asking if I would be interested in purchasing a knock off. In which I will admit to buying one 8" freestyle knock off.

I tried calling mickey to explain this to him but he will not answer. Any one who has ever bought a bait off me and thinks it not legit I will gladly buy it back.

Every one who know me knows I try to do everything honestly and with integrity. I DID NOT admit to being involved in this I only admit to buying a fake 8" which I would never sell.

If anyone can please reach out to mickey so he and I can talk this out please do.