***3:16 Knockoff scam alert***

Rubberdaddy

Damn this is a tough one. I suggest you guys work it out through pm's. No need to get uninvolved parties involved. And no neee for random comments against anyone.

No kidding.  There's a big difference between "I knowingly bought a knock off to fish myself" and "I was making knock offs and passing them off as the real thing".  Of course I have no idea which version is true since I don't personally know any of the parties involved, so I'll just wait this one out.

I fully expect that TJ ( Rubberdaddy) and Mickey will personally reach out to Tom English so they can actually get the contact information of the individual who owns and makes those 3:16 knockoff blanks instead of just crucifying Tom for buying one knockoff bait for personal use.

Tom English is not the maker and producer of 3:16 knockoffs rather one consumer who purchased one knockoff from a counterfeiting clown.

Just like the guy who bought the knockoff whatever in a flea market.Target the manufacturer and not the guy who just bought one for personal use.

I just had a telephone conversation with Tom and he is willing and able to help Mickey and TJ with factual information that will target and locate the real transgressor in the 3:16 knockoff scam who is the guy manufacturing the blanks and violating copyright/infringement laws.

I jumped to conclusions and I shouldn't have. I know better than that. And Justin is correct, you should be able to tell a repainted as opposed to one Mickey painted himself. I spoke without knowing all the facts, and I still don't. I apologize for that. I think knocking off someone's else's work is bs.

BTW none of the baits deemed unicorns were repaints to my memory... So the few actual unicorns were in fact the genuine article so rest assure... but even if you are still unsure either TJ or I or any number of solid dudes on here can help sort you out and calm your nerves. Not saying this BS isn't happening as clearly it is but lets chill on the broad spectrum hysteria and witch hunt. Again Mickeys paint is unmistakable, one should familiarize themselves with the mans actual work and skill before jumping on the new unicorn hype train. There's a certain honor in acknowledging another mans work.. being unable to discern original paint signature paint from the source, kind of undermines the authenticity of your interest in which case you shouldn't even be concerned if your buying a knock off or not... Not to be callous but it kind of needs to be said. However there are plenty new or just don't know as well so I don't mean to be unfair. It just seems you would be in the know or want to be before shelling out serious money for

So because someone pays top dollar for a bait but isn't able to tell if it's a repainted or original their getting ripped off is justified? Dude that is just ignorant. For instance my wife has bought me baits or rods for birthdays and such from this website and various others. She wouldn't be able to tell the paint. But in your mind it's fine to rip her off because of that? That is wrong on so many levels too. Hell I can't tell the paint schemes from the different bait makers sometimes, that makes my interest unauthentic?

If somebody is copying a brand name bait and attempting to pass it off as the real thing, that is obviously FUBAR.

I have a question in light of this situation. I get catalogs from Lurecraft, Netcraft, LPO and Barlows...they all sell crank bait blanks that are obvious copies of Lucky Craft RC's, Megabass 110's etc. Even though they don't mention those bait makers or attempt to pass them off as originals........why is that ok? I'm certain guys repaint them and pass them off as the real thing.

Don't bait makers have to make a 10% change to be considered original or is that in reference to patented baits? and are 3:16 baits patented because if they aren't....then these things are going to happen. I would guess that if Megabass hasn't freaked out about their bait being copied, maybe it isn't patented. Can they even be patented?

This is a really unique situation: A niche manufacturer who can only make a small amount of baits at a time, they sell out immediately and they sell for a premium on the black market. Of course it has the potential to attract people to copy it. I am surprised this shocked anyone.

I was approached a few weeks ago asking if I would be interested in purchasing a knock off. In which I will admit to buying one 8" freestyle knock off.

Every one who know me knows I try to do everything honestly and with integrity. 

I don't understand this kind of rationalization. How do you say you "do everything with honesty and integrity" when you just told us you knowingly bought a knock-off? If you think buying fakes is okay, that's your business but don't try to dress it up as anything other than what it is. You knew the deal was skeezy and you did it anyway. Now it bit you in the ass.