Stud Canal Tuna on Honeymoon!

hookedonbigbaits

The wife and I took a cruise out of Miami last week and capped it off with an awesome day of fishing the Biscayne Bay. While catching bait we saw two large wolf packs of Jack Crevalle destroying bait on the surface so we decided to chase them around for a bit. I was standing on the bow of the boat when we literally drove up on this pack of about 10-15, I bombed a topwater out in front of them and watched three all this size go nuts on it! I've caught many of these guys before but this was my PB at about 25lb and by far the coolest bite! We also jumped a 100lb class tarpon but couldn't connect. Such an awesome fishery right there in Miami! Almost makes you forget about chasing Bass!

post-27289-0-73463200-1490819070_thumb.jpg

That's badass!! I remember seeing a episode of "Zona's Awesome fishing Show" and they were catching those on TW with bass gear. Pretty much getting their ass kicked, but the blow ups were out of control!

What kind of set up did you use to land that one?

I landed this one on a Tarpon setup! My wife had one hooked up on a lightweight setup and it just about spooled her before we got the boat in position to chase it down. It then broke her off on some structure. Even with the heavier tarpon outfit I didn't have a ton of control. These fish are insane.