Review: Megabass Orochi Leviathan

CEOBBS

This is my second swimbait rod. Amazing rod through and through. It medium fast taper, has 9 guides plus the tip, 8', handle length of 16". But the remarkable thing about this rod is it's rating of 1/2-8oz! Now I don't really throw anything larger than 5 ounces so I haven't been able to throw its limit. But on the lower end I can cast a whopper plopper 130 just as good as any other rod and then snap on a 9" slammer and it casts with just as much ease. I have my rod currently paired with a new shimano tranx. This is my newest setup and have yet to stick a swimbait fish up in my area this season but still plenty of time. 

A cool thing about the rod though is that it comes with its own custom rod sock. Not a mesh but just a black plastic sheath. The handle is removable and fits into its own sheath inside of the one for the rod itself and they all zip up for safe transportation. This also knocks off about a foot off the handle for all you guys who have rod tubes built onto your truck. 

With this setup I am using 65# braid due to the fact that I have a strong geared reel that can pick up 30 inches of line per turn, and the rod itself has a very nimble taper. I'm getting enough give from the rod itself to justify the braid. This setup is mostly for throwing my broomstick style baits and top water rats.