First 2017 Swimbait Musky

everythingthatswims

Nice fish man! Invest in some braid and steel for these fish and as stated earlier , avoid the vertical hold !

Who said that? I run 130lb fluoro leader. I don't see the vertical hold argument, people hold them vertically every single time they lift the fish in and out of the boat, I understand that it's harmful for the fish but every single person does it. I read that fish under 12lbs aren't harmed by the vertical hold and this fish was far from that

Edited by everythingthatswims

Who said that? I run 130lb fluoro leader. I don't see the vertical hold argument, people hold them vertically every single time they lift the fish in and out of the boat, I understand that it's harmful for the fish but every single person does it. I read that fish under 12lbs aren't harmed by the vertical hold and this fish was far from that

First it seemed like you were disagreeing but then you acknowledged it's bad so I'm not sure what to say. The fact that everyone does it isn't an argument, though. Regardless, I think it's clear that one method of holding them can be harmful and the other method is clearly safer. The difference in the amount of effort required to do a horizontal hold vs a vertical one is negligible so I'd say it's best to err on the side of caution.

Hey, do what you want, I'm not fishing there and I hold no grudge against how anyone holds a fish they've caught.

Just saying, muskies are different than the compact bodies of bass. As big as they are, they're a pretty delicate fish as far as handling goes. Horizontal holds on 'skis look better anyway.

• 4 weeks later...