Dobyns 806

Jdutton7441

Just getting into swimbait fishing and I'm gonna stick with soft baits for now. Was wondering if the Fury 806 would be a good rod to start with. Will mainly be throwing the Hudd 68, 6" Rising Son, and 6" Ospreys. Should I go with the Fury 806 or Fury 795? Thanks in advance!

I am very happy with my Fury 795 and I reckon if you stay under 3.5oz (e.g. S-waver 200) you will have no worries. Those soft baits fall well within the sweet spot for casting the 795. I have no experience with the 806 yet. 

Will mainly be throwing the Hudd 68, 6" Rising Son, and 6" Ospreys. Should I go with the Fury 806 or Fury 795? Thanks in advance!

795 is perfect for those baits. If you go heavier, get the 806.

Would the 806 be ok for the baits listed so if I did decide to go heavier later I'm already set up or should I just get the 795 for now and then the 806 for when I decide to go heavier? Would rather not buy 2 rods but if the 806 is too overkill for those baits then I will.

Most guys on this site know how much I love my 806, but  for the application you have spoken of I think an 806 wouldn't be a great option. To me, the 806 is  a treble hook rod. Its super parabolic, and struggles with jig hook style baits. SO for softballs I think you would regrets it. I love my 795, and think for the baits you have listed would be th best bet. If you become a hard bait guy then drop the 795 and get yourself a 806.

I'm still trying to figure all of this out and I have just about decided on the Fury 795. Along with the soft baits I listed in the original post, will the 795 be ok for the Gantarel and S waver 168 and 200?

I have the 806 and really like it.  I do want to pick up a 795 bc I can't throw lures 2oz (68s, taquitos, tiny klash) and below as far as I'd like. As Travis stated you can still throw them just not as far/ accurate IMO.