History of the Gigantoid

Rod Thigpin

Looks like nobody's back is safe in this business too, especially from a "friend". Thats pretty low.

I pray your recovery will be fast and whole Rod and you'll be back on the water where you belong :D

Hmmm...It's good you don't know ALL the secrets. 8-)

Sucks to see friendships and trust destroyed, and I'll pray for your health.

While I understand the want to keep a technique secret, if there were no bait makers selling baits we'd all have to make our own. The example given of the Hudd deadstick bait that didn't last long in the market maybe shows that your bite will still be safe regardless of who brings something to the market. Especially if it is a poorly made turd as you describe, it will fade away just like the Hudd deadstick (not saying the Hudd was poorly made). Then you wouldn't need to sell yours if you don't really want to.

It is truly sad that Matt would do this. Especially after he went on the attack about 4 years ago when Bill Semenlips unveiled his new soft baits which Matt claimed were a rip off of his baits. Then as the argument went on, Matt tore into Bill for ripping off Rago.

Hopefully he doesn’t release the bait and the Stocker Deadstick will remain your personal bait. On the other hand, if he does release it and you release yours, I know which one I’ll be buying.

interesting read. so is it just the idea of a soft floating trout that is being claimed to have been stolen or does the mattlures look like the stocker deadstick, or some internal component?

interesting read. so is it just the idea of a soft floating trout that is being claimed to have been stolen or does the mattlures look like the stocker deadstick, or some internal component?

^This.

Hasnt been one SPECIFIC claim, what exactly is the issue? Intersting to see how this one plays out.

^This.

Hasnt been one SPECIFIC claim, what exactly is the issue? Intersting to see how this one plays out.

he was specific, his buddy took his bait, had matt make a form of it then the reproduced it. Seems pretty clear to me.

^This.

he was specific, his buddy took his bait, had matt make a form of it then the reproduced it. Seems pretty clear to me.

Again...no SPECIFICS. What aspect is the same? Asthetics? Stocker trouts are far from realistic looking compared to Matts baits(not a diss, I know their track record) Internal components/Rigging? Does Rods bait resemble Matts or what? Or is it simplt the idea of a GIANT deadstick bait? No dog in this fight whatsoever just curious as to what exactly was copied. But in your logic because somebody said something its true? Hmm.... :lol:

Matt acknowledged he made a slightly modified cast of a bait for Mark, which apparently Mark then used with the harness he got from stocker. Knowingly or not, those baits were knock-offs of the stocker baits and trust was broken.

The assumption being made, right or wrong, fair or unfair, is that the bait matt is coming out with now is also a knock-off or at least strongly derived from it.

Bandwagons are circling.

No, the smoke is clearing!

Exactly, the truth has a nasty way of eventually showing its face.

Don, think you can get one of those back stabbing shirts made for Rod?