History of the Gigantoid

Rod Thigpin

"What the Hell??? Matt put in his post here on Swimbait Nation that he had made the bait for Mark 6 years ago. And Mark called it the Gigantoid. It had the same core as mine. So much for Mark and his dad making the bait.

The Ultimate Betrayal! Taking someones design to another lure maker, even worse is to claim the design was his. Straight out dirty!!!! I texted Mark and said what the hell??? I've been very ill the last year and I guess Mark felt it was time to take advantage of me. His exact words were "Matt is in the business of selling baits and you chose not to sell yours". He also said Matt has the molds and he is going to sell the baits. Pretty low life thing to do!!!"

here, I bolded the specifics for you. :roll:

"What the Hell??? Matt put in his post here on Swimbait Nation that he had made the bait for Mark 6 years ago. And Mark called it the Gigantoid. It had the same core as mine. So much for Mark and his dad making the bait.

The Ultimate Betrayal! Taking someones design to another lure maker, even worse is to claim the design was his. Straight out dirty!!!! I texted Mark and said what the hell??? I've been very ill the last year and I guess Mark felt it was time to take advantage of me. His exact words were "Matt is in the business of selling baits and you chose not to sell yours". He also said Matt has the molds and he is going to sell the baits. Pretty low life thing to do!!!"

So the assumption is that the core is the same? Got it. Save the ethics and right or wrong BS. I agree with you, but those don't seem to have a place in swimbait fishing.

Yet mattlures response before it was shutdown: "The core that I saw was made by Mark. It was in the bait Mark made and sent to me to paint. It was a 16in tuna body with a trout head. I am confident that my bait is different then any of your versions that I have never seen and have never even know about untill you recently told me"

Again he said she said....shits lame.

Thanks for taking the time though....have mickey throw you a bone. ;)

no need to get emotional dude, u seem a little hostile, why so mad? I have no dog in this fight either.

BTW, aside from buying 316 baits and some discussion on this site, I never met mickey, I am just a sb newb from CT. I do love smoking bones though :D

Is there are picture of the Stocker Trout bait? It was if my knowledge is correct never released for sale but apparantly made for a few of his friends , I would like to see the picture for sake of comparison. I'm not sure how Matt can be faulted for releasing a soft deadstick floating bait when to the best of my knowledge there is not one available in the marketplace and he wants to fulfill the demand. However it would be very disapointing on his part if he were intentionally doing an exact replica of an existing bait.

Is there are picture of the Stocker Trout bait? It was if my knowledge is correct never released for sale but apparantly made for a few of his friends , I would like to see the picture for sake of comparison. I'm not sure how Matt can be faulted for releasing a soft deadstick floating bait when to the best of my knowledge there is not one available in the marketplace and he wants to fulfill the demand. However it would be very disapointing on his part if he were intentionally doing an exact replica of an existing bait.

^^^AGREED

You are correct. Its just a floating trout. But there is no way in hell matt would be making a big ass floating trout without mark taking it to him and sayin this bait is deadly and will get u fish when nobody else is. Not only did he show him the bait. He showed the bed master how to fish it. I have the bait. I laughed the first day I saw it. I wasnt laughing 8 bites later and the 13.9 I caught on it the very first day. Nobody has those style of baits or knows the technique of fishing them.

Mickey knew damn well it was stealing and told mark to "Not Allowed" off. Matt didnt.

So the assumption is that the core is the same? Got it. Save the ethics and right or wrong BS. I agree with you, but those don't seem to have a place in swimbait fishing.

Yet mattlures response before it was shutdown: "The core that I saw was made by Mark. It was in the bait Mark made and sent to me to paint. It was a 16in tuna body with a trout head. I am confident that my bait is different then any of your versions that I have never seen and have never even know about untill you recently told me"

Again he said she said....shits lame.

Thanks for taking the time though....have mickey throw you a bone. ;)

ass wipe................. your not the one getting ripped off so I don't expect you to use any common sense!

Class act as usual Mickey, can always count on you for some comic relief. :lol: Apparently things need to be broken down to a remedial level for you to comprehend. Everything Primus just said was exactly the point I was making. Try and keep up. Its all hear-say until someone can solidify their claim. You seem to forget their is a whole other side to this story, Matts. Unfortunatley you dont care to listen to it, which is fine. But your opinon is biased. At least to anybody with a brain. Common sense would be taking into account ALL facts, not just the ones that happen to favor your dislike for Mattlures. Like I said from the jump, no dog in this whatsoever, but people are retarted and quick to jump to conclusions with no proof to support any of it. Im assuming being a fellow bait maker or running in the same cirlces you know more than the average joe, and you may have some insider knowledge, but from the oustide looking in it sure isnt black or white. 2 sides to everything in life, why is this different?

Carry on.

I guess some of these guys have no problem selling their soul for a few bucks. It sucks and it is not a way to gain friends.........but everyone knows what a scumbag thing it is to steal, and that reputation will follow that person. As a garage baitmaker myself with a small tackle company, I've had baits copied and ideas stolen. One way to look at it is that it is the ultimate compliment, swimbait fishing is a kind of niche..........take a look at the alabama rig and the chatterbait as two concepts that were stolen and bastardized to the hilt.

Re: Gigantoid, I wouldn't worry about it too much Rod, any of the soft baits I've seen that comes from over there aren't what I'd consider super high quality anyway. The paint sucks and they tear easily......imagine a pound of his plastic being chucked out there.....not gonna last long.

In PM:

Run your mouth again and Im gonna ban your fucken ass!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::roll::roll::roll::):):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::!::!::?::?::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Game set match....Grow the "Not Allowed" up. You a poor excuse for a role model much less a man. :lol: I dont kiss-ass and I dont do politics. Thats ish is for the birds....

Im done. 8-)

In PM:
Run your mouth again and Im gonna ban your fucken ass!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::roll::roll::roll::):):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::!::!::?::?::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Game set match....Grow the "Not Allowed" up. You a poor excuse for a role model much less a man. :lol:

Im done. 8-)

Wish you would say that to my face ,girlfriend! :lol: Another nobody with a key board! I think the internet is an outlet for little pu55y's to talk tough and keep all there teeth.

same guy would be scared to hit the yard...he would be "PC'd up! ;) dont waste the time Mr Ellis

Dick Thompson my buddy,

That day you stuck that 13.9 on my deadstick bait, is a day i'll never forget. The first fish you had come up and follow it, you laughed!!! I told you to stop laughing your going to get bit. After a little bit of teasing the fish, she blew up on it. We laughed our asses off. Because you had never seen anything like it! Then after that, you were at full attention on every spot after that. When that 13.9 mauled it, it was game on. I'll never forget the look on your face, when she got her head out of the water! After the awesome battle, there was nothing but high fives! Then we realized my live well pump went out, we had to fill my livewell with our cups from the resturant after lunch. It was a lot of work! But we got it done. Gave her time to chill and take pictures and weigh. Then released that big spawned out girl, to let someone else have a chance to catch her. Those are memories that I will have the rest of my life!!!!!!! Getting to share that with you meant a lot to me!!!! Because you have been an amazing friend to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have shared many other fish on that bait and my other baits that were all special times. But that is the day I will never forget!!!!!!!!

Thanks For The Memories Buddy!

Rod Thigpin

I want to THANK EVERYONE for the well wishes and their prayers!!!!!! It means a lot to me!!!! And Micky I want to Thank You for calling me and telling me that Mark brought you the bait first and you wouldn't copy it! True Gentleman who I respect!!!! Then, he took it to Matt and he copied it!

I hope all of you saw Marks post that he is sending all the baits back that I gave him over the years. If they didn't exist, it would be hard for him to send them back to me!

Am I not right???

Thank You

Rod Thigpin