PSA: TO ALL NEWBIES AND YOUNG SWIMBAITERS.....:

Darth Baiter

This is a Public Service Announcement to all newbies and "young gun " swimbaiters on the site.....:

1. Know where to post your stuff. Please try to post things in the appropriate places. EXAMPLE: Don't put an ad wanting to buy a rod in the Got Em Section, that's not the place for it. I know these sites are exciting, but use common sense. If you need help figuring where to post a question or a report, contact the Mods or one of the longtime members of the site, most will be more than glad to help.

2. Search the forum when you get on. A lot of the same questions keep getting posted by new , seldom site users, or unobservant members ( that is no knock on anybody or anything against anybody, that's a FACT). Please search the pages of the site to see if your question has been posted or somebody has posted up a topic that you planned on posting up about. We don't need 5 different "Swimbait Collections" threads, as an example, we don't have that, but just pointing out to make sure the same thing you were going to post hasn't been posted.

3. Please contribute to the site, It will help you and us all out. Maybe this is just a pet peeve of mine, But It drives me nuts when guys get on some of these sites only to buy baits and not to contribute with reports or information. It takes a few posts before you can use the PM system on this site. That is basically to see if you will contribute to the site, not just to jump on and buy/ sell stuff. Other sites have it worse, you need at least 100 posts to buy/sell/trade stuff. Please just try to contribute/introduce yourself, most of us don't bite. If you are throwing swimbaits and/or catching fish, you have to have SOMETHING you can contribute to the site.

Trying to add but my phone wouldn't scroll down more....: I like this site as much as anybody else, I learn a lot, and there are a lot of cool people on here. Lets try to keep it clutter free...Man, I thought of some more things. To go along with number 2, as was said by MickeyE, if you want to know what baits work, go to the Got Em Section, if you don't see them there, then ask. And......

4. Please stop cluttering the Review Section. What does that mean? Well, the review section should be for reviews, not for requests on reviews....which brings me to a GREAT Idea, maybe a Review Request Thread that stays at the top of the page in the review section? I'm nobody, just a thought I had though....Also, please make sure that others have not started a review of a product that you want to talk about, if you see it in there, add to the thread, don't start a new one. Again, search the page...

I'm nobody, and nobody has to listen to a word I say, but i just felt that these things would make the site more enjoyable to all members. Keep up the good work, people!! :D

Danny AKA Darth Baiter 8-)

As a noob I have to say Darth Baiter is soooo right. All the fellow big bait slingers I've met here online and in person have been nothing but cool and super helpful. I hope one day I will have the knowledge to help out someone like they have me. Thanks fellas

Haha the first 2 weeks on here I posted questions and everything else all over the place. Sorry darth baiter

Its not just me, there are a lot of people that won't say anything, I am trying to help you new people out.... and even though some may not like the term, there are some things that will help you become a "respected member " of the site. That way if you see somebody say it, you'll think before you post...;-)

6.When a grown ass MAN is asking another grown ass MAN a question dont answer for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil::evil::evil:

just because you may know the answer HES NOT TALKING TO YOU!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Wow! Danny you just addressed this topic in the most professional way possible. Much respect! Basically addressed everything that really has been frustrating me personally lately. I mean come on everyone, take the time to read all of the posts before you post on that topic, because you will say something pretty stupid if you don't. Believe me I have done my fair share. :roll:

----

But in all seriousness,

A lot of appreciation should definitely go to our administrators for allowing some of our most highly "respected" members to openly address these issues to us. They really seem to get down to a more personal/brotherly love level, like a team captain of a sports team rallying the everyone around him for playing like shiit. It kinda smacks everyone back into shape also adding a new zeal to just kickass. A little bit odd, yes I know, but that's the way I see it from these PSA's.

-----

Thanks SU Crew and all you dedicated members for keeping it real. It is what's been done for the last year and lets keep it going; for this is a special site and we owe it to ourselves to keep it this way.

Oh and the members here actually post up swimbait fish outside of the spawn. Swimbait Underground FTW! 8-)

~Maxwell S.~