PSA: TO ALL NEWBIES AND YOUNG SWIMBAITERS.....:

Darth Baiter

OK, Addition to what has already been written here: BEWARE OF WHO YOU ARE DEALING WITH ON THIS SITE AND ANY OTHERS WHEN IT COMES TO BUYING STUFF. Look in the Black Market feedback for reviews on people on the site who buy and sell, it will help you root out who to deal with and who not to deal with. HINT: Most of the members who have been on the site for a while are usually good to deal with, and actually so are a few of the newcomers.

Also, there are still a LOT of people who seem to come on this site to only buy baits and not to contribute to the rest of the site. You have to have 5 posts before you can respond to PMs on this site, and Im sure the reason is to root out the people who dont want to contribute to the site. I could be wrong about this though. Like I said earlier in this thread, there are other sites where you have to have 100 posts and if they can tell you are just trying to up your post count so you can be able to post in their classified section, they will actually take your posts off the site. This seems to be a different site, the more you contribute, the more you will be rewarded...... 8-) EVERYBODY CAN HAVE SOMETHING TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE SITE. 8-);)

this is a great thread. im new to this site ive only been on a couple weeks. i realize i forgot to introduce myself but i have spent my time on here (a few hours every night) using the search engine and reading posts. just to get a feel for the site and to see what has been said about the baits i use and favor. i dont mean to be a lurker or anything i just like to fish swimbaits. i like to read about swimbaits. and i like to think about swimbaits. and everything about fishing included. yes im an addict and psyco about it. u prolly wont see me post to many questions but i am reading your tips and techniques and everything else for that matter. other then that im glad to be here and glad to get to fish.....swimbaits.

• 3 months later...

I am relatively new. I introduced myself, bought some baits and got swimbaiting. I have had marginal success. Why? Need more time on the water. Spent too much time grabbing baits from the black market and ebay and ended up with too many baits! Can't learn with too many to try out. Anyway, not catching lots of swimbait fish, but constantly obsessing and having buddies rip on you for what you are trying to do can bring you down. But I keep chugging. Maybe too demoralizing/intimidating to post my failures as a newbie? Maybe being in Minnesota and not in California, I wonder if most would benefit from my experience. Although saying that, i donsee a lot of fosh from other states posted. In the end, I love it. I love the excitement. I love the art of the bait. I will be encouraged by this thread and post where and when I can.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...