Gizzard bait

Salty_Cak

• 4 weeks later...

Looks clean and amazing. I do like the idea of the line thru but I do like the idea of it being weedless also with a belly slot. As long as it is swimming straight and the tail is not getting in the way of the hooks is what should be on the list first. A couple colors come to mind: Clear Lake Hitch, Gizzard Shad and Golden Shiner. Can't wait to see the finished product.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you plan to 3D print for proto to Mold use or are you planning on printing the actual finished product? 

Just asking because I have seen it done both ways... Not sure what material us uses besides silicone

*I would add some realistic fins that stick out and flex naturally and a big eye

Looks awesome bro!

keep us posted

• 2 weeks later...

I made a gizzard very similar to that. It was a line thru with a foam insert inside to make it more bouyant. It was hard to balance but some worked quite well. having the treble on top was fire. Bait slides away from fish. I airbrushed it with soft plastics paint.

• 2 months later...

This is a bait I did a few years ago. It was posted on SBN. Eerily similar to your bait.  I carved it out of poplar, Made a mold and made a line thru insert that made the bait buoyant. I had the natural forked shad tail integrated into a paddle tail for looks. It wouldn’t swim till I cut the top of the fork off.  

I varied the ballast weight on baits and some floated. Some were straight tail for dead stick, others swam subsurface. Some swam like crap, some excellent.

i caught a few solid fish with them and eventually lost interest. It had a line thru treble on the top.

when Savage gear came out with a similar bait for 20 bucks, I figured what the hell!

if I can help you with your bait, let me know. Maybe you can pick up where I left off. They do work, no doubt. A guy from Lake Chickamauga got one from me and begged for more. He said Big Smallmouths ate em good. 

Sorry to hi jack your thread, but I couldn’t get over how similar these baits were to each other.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg