CL8 Possum

martin

I had a chance to swim my possum this week and it was sick. The bait swam great and honestly, I was a bit fearfull watching her swim along knowing full well what was going to happen next. I raised three fish with it in two hours of fishing and the water is just now in the mid to high 50s. I managed to stick one. It's going to get crazy around here when the water gets up in the 70s.post-976-14252986100296_thumb.jpgpost-976-14252986129073_thumb.jpg

great job!

Question??? how does your bait swim on a slow retrieve??

my bait doesn't swim well at all on a slow retrieve but on a medium to fast retrieve i can get the swimming action. i messed around with twitching the bait and that worked well

but nothing on the slow retrieve? Does yours swim slow?

I think that the overall size of the bait hinders the action at slow speed. However, my bait will swim pretty slow. I fish it with a lot of twitch action almost similar to dog walking, it's a real workout to fish but can be worth it.

Ya Mickey, an error in your judgement. I just released the 8-3 after catching the 7-6. It was my intention to load the livewell and then record the release on video. I just don't like moving fish around out of their spawning area in the spring so I aborted the plan and released them where I caught them.

I managed to stick one.

I'm confused.

:lol: me too

Was thinking the same... is there two different fish they are twins cuz the face marking are spot on.

"I think that the overall size of the bait hinders the action at slow speed."

I dont think this is the problem. Action doesnt go away when the size of a bait goes up. Maybe it needs broke in a little or something. More material equals more surface area to cause resistance in the water, generating action.