Quick Wake n Crank tale and a HUGE surprise ending

andrewbee

Hey guys

Had to house sit out on Long Island in the home I grew up in.  Was able to get away one morning to my old honey hole that is about 10 minutes from my home.  

Pond is less than 100 acres and about 3-4ft deep with holes that get down to 7-8 ft.  Primarily this is a top water pond with nothing but bass and bluegills....and really pissed off swans.

post-22148-0-52428500-1496939733_thumb.jpg post-22148-0-03765700-1496939757_thumb.jpg

Was trying out my Wake n Crank through some weed lines in a cove in 3FOW cranked down about a foot and watched the bait break the surface and BOOM!  Bait gets smashed, tail goes flying into the water...Andrew just caught a fish.

post-22148-0-47411200-1496940040_thumb.jpg post-22148-0-71207100-1496940059_thumb.jpg

Unhooked the bugger, took the pic and sent it back on it's way.  After that I couldn't fight the temptation and started throwing a frog.  Was able to catch a few more but nothing picture worthy.  

Always a fun time coming back to old fishing grounds with new knowledge.  

Another huge event that happened.... 9 months ago I went to Maine to visit Mossy, while in there I broke my pats mini and was planning to send it to pat to be fixed.  A week later I moved to Queens NY with my gf & during the process I thought I had lost my mini pats trout.   Im not sure if everyone here is a part of the Facebook  group  "HBH" but I lost this bait before the $450 daily pats raffles.  Long story short Im cleaning some yard stuff and guess what I find just chilling in some old fishing tackle boxes... THE PATS MINI! 

Whats better than catching a fish??... How about finding a bait that catches fish!

Thanks for reading!

Andrew - 

Heck yes! I've heard that if your mini breaks and you accidentally leave it in ur old house, the pats fairy will take it and hide it in your garage.  :-D  I would have been so happy