Centurion Mind Mother Review

BASS_SWINGER

If you are talking about the Mother Custom, I have two. I don't know anything about the other versions.

I like them a lot. The action works very well with large glides, which is not surprising, given that they were designed for the Mother. It is my favorite rod for throwing a Deps SS250. It tosses that bait very easily and the action is very compatible with properly working it during a retrieve.

The only real negatives are the price and, for me, the relatively short handle. I like the handle length on the 908/876/etc and the handle on the Centurion Mind is considerably shorter. I had both of mine extended so that they are roughly the same length as those on the Dobyns and I now love the rod.

It's a two-piece rod, BTW, as the handle is removeable.

While it is currently my favorite rod for big glides, I don't know that i can argue it's worth the extra money over a 908. I can get a 908 to my door for $225 with the Dobyns vet discount. That's about half what a used Centurion Mind costs. While I like it better, I can't say I like it twice as much. If budget is not an issue, then I definitely recommend trying one.

If you are friends with Ali Moayedi on FB, you should get his input as well. He got one at the same time I got my first one, as it saved us a few bucks on shipping from Japan. He's a super nice guy, a great stick and I'm sure he would be happy to give you his thoughts on it. He used to be on here but got kicked off for calling some "not allowed" a "not allowed".