Some more giants on spoolteks

Christiantaj

Been fishing a lot of saltwater lately, these fish were from the past week or two all caught on either a 6" or 9" spooltek, mostly 9" though. I got my two biggest snook, both in the 40's. It's been an epic couple of weeks. Follow me on instagram if you wanna keep up.. christian.taj

post-23713-0-55016000-1497460196_thumb.jpg

post-23713-0-30791200-1497460210_thumb.jpg

post-23713-0-64756700-1497460231_thumb.jpg

post-23713-0-08372600-1497460295_thumb.jpg

post-23713-0-84711300-1497460315_thumb.jpg

I'd love to catch a big striper, sounds awesome. The big snook are like a bass on steroids, they thump it like a bass would a swimbait x100, massive head shakes and they thrash on top and rip drag. It's crazy fun. The reds just run and run and run you can definitely tell the difference.

That is super sick bro!!! Are getring some of those off a small john boat or all from shore? Either way man that is super cool!!! I have to drive 5hrs just to get to my saltwater fishing hole, if thats near you ide lay off that bass lol and keep up with the real predators! Ive always noticed one thing,,,everything in the ocean has teeth. And theres always something chasing something doesnt matter how big it is somethings always chasing after it to eat

That is super sick bro!!! Are getring some of those off a small john boat or all from shore? Either way man that is super cool!!! I have to drive 5hrs just to get to my saltwater fishing hole, if thats near you ide lay off that bass lol and keep up with the real predators! Ive always noticed one thing,,,everything in the ocean has teeth. And theres always something chasing something doesnt matter how big it is somethings always chasing after it to eat

Most of these spots are about an hour to 1.5 hours away, give or take. I couldn't drive 5 hrs, no way lol. I fish from land and kayak mostly, no boat. The one pic on the Jon boat I was out with my friend on his boat. But yeah, it's hard for me to find a lot of time to bass fish because I'm so into nailing these fish it's much more fun of a time. Honestly it's more rewarding for me to catch a bass that's 8+ lbs, the saltwater fish are killer fun but they come around for me more often than a bass of a trophy size, and it's a lot easier than putting in time for bass too. I rarely go two trips with no fish in the salt, but bass fishing I have had month long skunk streaks. (I strictly throw swimbaits and don't count small fish)

Nice fish!  Any tips on the spooltek?  Im going down to visit family soon on my annual visit, have had past success with yozuri minnows, storm shad type baits, and unfair lures baits but really want to try the spoolteks and the got some red tail hawk type jigs through first light.  Have landed only one slob on cut bait but want to stick to lures.

Nice fish!  Any tips on the spooltek?  Im going down to visit family soon on my annual visit, have had past success with yozuri minnows, storm shad type baits, and unfair lures baits but really want to try the spoolteks and the got some red tail hawk type jigs through first light.  Have landed only one slob on cut bait but want to stick to lures.

all good options. for the spoolteks, what I like to do is either cast as far as I can up current and count it down, till I'm just above the bottom then slow roll. or I'll cast out sideways and allow the current to pick up my slack and let the lure sweep across an area, I'll slowly reel in then as well. for jigs I work them almost the same way, cast out and let it sweep or just work the bottom with them mostly. if you're around where I stay or fish we can catch a session maybe get some snook or something