Some more giants on spoolteks

Christiantaj

all good options. for the spoolteks, what I like to do is either cast as far as I can up current and count it down, till I'm just above the bottom then slow roll. or I'll cast out sideways and allow the current to pick up my slack and let the lure sweep across an area, I'll slowly reel in then as well. for jigs I work them almost the same way, cast out and let it sweep or just work the bottom with them mostly. if you're around where I stay or fish we can catch a session maybe get some snook or something

Thanks for the tips...  Going to sanibel this month and will most likely fish off the beach and at the pass between the islands.  Do you throw any bigger stuff?  Worth bringing a Deps 250?  and my xxh rod setups?  Or just stick to what works?  Was going to bring a bullshad and some swavers at the least to give a shot.

Thanks for the tips...  Going to sanibel this month and will most likely fish off the beach and at the pass between the islands.  Do you throw any bigger stuff?  Worth bringing a Deps 250?  and my xxh rod setups?  Or just stick to what works?  Was going to bring a bullshad and some swavers at the least to give a shot.

Honestly you never know.. I've tried, and there have been times where they are eating giant 12-14" mullet but I never have the equipment to give it a shot when I'm there. This year I'm planning to really grind it out with big baits during the mullet run. I'd say bring one with a couple big baits, cause they will definitely catch fish if its in the right situation or scenario. just gotta be there at the right place and right time kind of thing.