Dobyns Fury 795sb

253caster

I caught your YT video searching for reviews on the 795SB - nice review. I'm torn between 795SB and 806SB. I have a handful of 1-1.5oz swimbaits that I want to keep in rotation with the addition of some 2-5+oz lures.

Does anyone have experience throwing lighter gear on the 806?

I would just suggest getting both 795 and 806.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 806 with the Citrix

Love the combo, excited for this season coming up

I agree! Im leaning toward picking up another Citrix for the 806 I just ordered. Think im gonna go with the 6.4 though this time as it will be primarily used for glides. Really happy with how mine has held up after 2 years of abuse.

I just got the rod myself to replace an Okuma GS H and I must say I am in love so far. II paired it with a Tatula 200HD and tested it out on a variety of baits from shore this morning and couldn't be happier. Tried a 9" slammer, Swaver 200, G2 shellcracker and smashtech shiner. It handled all of them excellently. Casting felt effortless, something I can't really say about my GS with the same baits. The Swaver 200 didn't feel like it was out of the sweet spot of the rod at all which gives me some optimism for it's upper weight rating of 5oz. I was gonna try an 8" hudd just for kicks but decided not to. I like the shorter handle than the GS, makes working the baits a lot easier. 

• 2 weeks later...

I agree! Im leaning toward picking up another Citrix for the 806 I just ordered. Think im gonna go with the 6.4 though this time as it will be primarily used for glides. Really happy with how mine has held up after 2 years of abuse.

I picked up the same setup this weekend! Excited to try it out! What line would you recommend I spoil up the Tatula HD with? This is my first SB setup so I’m leaning towards Big Game or PF original, just wondering what pound I should get.

I picked up the same setup this weekend! Excited to try it out! What line would you recommend I spoil up the Tatula HD with? This is my first SB setup so I’m leaning towards Big Game or PF original, just wondering what pound I should get.

For mono I like izorline platinum or big game in 17-20lb, but im not sure how much you will be able to actually spool onto your Tatula HD. I hope you like your new set up. Go stick a slaunch!