13 Fishing Muse Black Rods

NEbucketmouth19

I'm looking at these for another setup soon. I know Carl (KeepinItReelFishing) did a great review on these a little while back but I was wondering if anyone else has gotten some experience with these. I know they're still somewhat new, but I'm primarily interested in the Heavy models, either 8' or 8'6 and I was wondering what the weight, balance, and casting differences were between these two. I can't find too much here or other places, reviews seem limited. 

I can't speak to the difference between the 8' and the 8'6" models (I only have the 8' models)  But,  I can offer that the balance on the 8' Heavy is pretty good.  Even though its a really light rod (for a big rod), you still have a ton of material ahead of the reel seat, and coupled to the relatively short handle it is forward leaning.  There is just no cheating the physics of a lopsided fulcrum.   Truth be told this is the case with all my big bait rods, with the only exception being my White Label LDC XH, which because of its extra long handle is the closest to being neutral in hand (at the reel seat), but still not completely neutral.  For that I think the systems that add weight to the butt of the rod are the only route.

-Carl

Edited by KeepinItReelFishing