Snakehead!!!

flaswimbaiter

I am down in south Florida for a few days and was determined to get a snakehead on a swimbait, but they had other plans. On day one I lost 4 fish and had my little booger destroyed, I had no back up or glue and was so pissed I switched to conventional baits…..and got a nice one about 4 pounds on a frog. Day two I was not going to fish with anything but a MF, I lost 4 fish with one cut off. Frustrated I decided to give up, I was walking back down the canal just tossing in front of me and got nailed by this little guy. After getting him on shore he twisted around like a bowfish and sliced right though 30lbs braid like butter. I know he aint much, but after what I went through I was happy to get him.

Next target…….peacock bass!!!!!!

post-91-14252986146687_thumb.jpg

post-91-14252986147293_thumb.jpg

Hey bro, from the decription the oprcsr posted, I think that is a male Bowfin from the eyespot on the tail. Could be wrong. Those thing are nasty and fight hard, roll like a gator, and will try to tear up your gear. On the coast of Georgia, folks refered to them as Cypress trout. But nice to catch when the bass are not biting.

Hey bro, from the decription the oprcsr posted, I think that is a male Bowfin from the eyespot on the tail. Could be wrong. Those thing are nasty and fight hard, roll like a gator, and will try to tear up your gear. On the coast of Georgia, folks refered to them as Cypress trout. But nice to catch when the bass are not biting.

I have caught plenty of both, I know the difference. I specifically target them when I go down south. If that were mud fish it would have been close to eight pounds.

Here take look.

Snakehead

IMGP0873.jpg

Bowfin

IMGP1031.jpg