Snakehead!!!

flaswimbaiter

I have bowfins in a river i like to walk up in south fl, orange river and ive caught up too like ten a day, on red and yellow senkos, heres a tip that works for me here, throw somthing with bright colors, it seems to attract them, and the first time i caught one had no idea what it was and went to lip it, bad idea it tore my thumb open

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry To bring up a old post, but today i caught a monster bowfin, not on swimbait, but from what ive seen its bigger then most caught, measured at 38 in but not wieghed looked in the twenty pound only pictures on my friends old piece of jun cell phone, no picture messaging, but didnt know how rare the fish was was throwing out a whole hotdog, and fought him about 30 minutes, was my biggest fish, after releasing him, came back later with a camera to try and catch another that size not know how rare it is and caught a 19 inch where i have a picture, didnt notice i might have caught a state record. Wouldnt of mattered anyway because my buddy took my pole while i landed the fish, going out to try and catch another this size soon, there so fun to fight!

• 2 years later...

Awesome! We have snakehead in the Potomac River up here, Im still trying to catch one of these ugly critters

mattawoman creek, start there. Fish a frog at high tide over top the submerged lilly pads or along side them at low tide.  if you have a kayak, thats the best way to get on them.