Bladed Huddleston?

253caster

Using a blade on the 6" hud may not be the best option. May want to go to the 68 if you are stuck on using a Hud. I think of the 6" as more of a subtle approach, and the blade on the bottom does the exact opposite. 

Also, I think there are better soft baits to use a bottom blade on, like the RS or Shellback customs. I think the blade eliminates the exact reason why huds are so successful. Stealth and realism.

Using a blade on the 6" hud may not be the best option. May want to go to the 68 if you are stuck on using a Hud. I think of the 6" as more of a subtle approach, and the blade on the bottom does the exact opposite.

Also, I think there are better soft baits to use a bottom blade on, like the RS or Shellback customs. I think the blade eliminates the exact reason why huds are so successful. Stealth and realism.

Not going for stealth or realism here. I drag bottom with the 68 or the 8inch when the water cools down, but this was an idea for a bait to burn over grass in dirty water. I dont use the standard 6inch but have a few laying around so I figure id play around and see what happens. Everyone is throwing 68s up here now so I wanted to try something different.

I did decide to add a wire to get the blade out further. The hole in the chin of the bait actually goes through the harness too so I worked a wire into it and super glued it in. Gonna see if it works tomorrow. Worse case scenario ill have to cut the wire back out and have the plain bait again.

post-25503-0-80498100-1499533003_thumb.jpg

Edited by 253caster

I think it totally defeats the purpose of a hudd, which is to have an extremely natural look and action. Same goes with the firetiger paint and all that, defeats the purpose of using a hudd. If you want more thump and action then you're probably not trying to fool teeners so just use something besides a hudd that is better suited for that

I understand how you guys feel, but once again Im not trying to go for the most natural look. Just simply trying something different with some extra stuff lying around. Thanks for your input though.