What do you think of Zombait?

kennyisnotdead

In speaking previously with FishChris (if anyone has been around long enough to know him), he will agree that it takes a TON of skill to fish with live 'dads and other bait. His thought is that with artificials, YOU have complete control over the speed of retrieve, where the bait goes, etc.

When you add in a live being on the other end of it, especially fishing out of sight/deep, that little sucker is going wherever it wants to and its natural instinct is not to go to the most obvious hideout of the biggest fish in the lake.

Like Wayne said above, not my choice of pursuit but I'm not gonna knock a guy for doing it if it's legal and they're catching big fish.

Murphy, B., & Prorok, P. (1992). In pursuit of giant bass. El Cajon, CA: Giant Bass Pub.

oh yah your missing out when you don't use live bait alright.Of course.Id assume youd catch way more fish if you used live bait year round.

In speaking previously with FishChris (if anyone has been around long enough to know him), he will agree that it takes a TON of skill to fish with live 'dads and other bait. His thought is that with artificials, YOU have complete control over the speed of retrieve, where the bait goes, etc.

When you add in a live being on the other end of it, especially fishing out of sight/deep, that little sucker is going wherever it wants to and its natural instinct is not to go to the most obvious hideout of the biggest fish in the lake.

Like Wayne said above, not my choice of pursuit but I'm not gonna knock a guy for doing it if it's legal and they're catching big fish.

I miss him, haven't heard from him in a long time. Last I knew he was into car audio in a big way, plus fitness...and that man caught some very large fish. Edited by deaknh

oh yah your missing out when you don't use live bait alright.Of course.Id assume youd catch way more fish if you used live bait year round.

Try it and report back how many you catch.

I know sometimes it's easier to assume than to actually try something out, but you may be surprised at the results. It ain't shooting fish in a barrel, I can assure you.

Try it and report back how many you catch.

I know sometimes it's easier to assume than to actually try something out, but you may be surprised at the results. It ain't shooting fish in a barrel, I can assure you.

I did it all the time when I was little.Made artificial stuff look like crap.Not to mention all I had to do was sit and wait for the fish to start flowing in lol.

Last post I'm gonna make on is,

My opinion is that in general fishing live bait requires less skill from the average fisherman than artificial baits do.However, I completely understand there may be a time and a place for it and there ARE people who have applied skill to it.Im positive there are very knowledgable fisherman that use live bait and do well.My personal experience has showed me that at the lakes I fish live bait makes things easier but maybe that's not the case for others.Just my .02