LDC XH

Ceaser

can anyone give me the length of the handle? thanks I really want to invest in one of these but unfortunately I cant deal with too big of a handle in a float tube.

LDC's Custom Rods are specially tailored to your arm length. They take a measurement of your arm length and make it a perfect match.

Since you are fishing under special circumstances, I am sure they would have no problem tayloring your rod's butt length to make it effective from a float tube.

But you should email them, Ben is extremely resourceful and willing to answer any questions.

can anyone give me the length of the handle? thanks I really want to invest in one of these but unfortunately I cant deal with too big of a handle in a float tube.

LDC's Custom Rods are specially tailored to your arm length. They take a measurement of your arm length and make it a perfect match.

Since you are fishing under special circumstances, I am sure they would have no problem tayloring your rod's butt length to make it effective from a float tube.

But you should email them, Ben is extremely resourceful and willing to answer any questions.

even for the production model?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Just thought I would add a few quick thoughts. I have acquired an 8.5' XH Custom with split handles and it is a beast when it comes to throwing Hudds and similar sized baits. I can launch those puppies farther with the XH than with any other rod I own and it is not even close. I haven't caught any giants on it yet, but it handles five pounders with ease and has just the right amount of flex to keep them pinned. Very happy with this rod, you can't go wrong with it if you are looking for a Hudd rod.

Just thought I would add a few quick thoughts. I have acquired an 8.5' XH Custom with split handles and it is a beast when it comes to throwing Hudds and similar sized baits. I can launch those puppies farther with the XH than with any other rod I own and it is not even close. I haven't caught any giants on it yet, but it handles five pounders with ease and has just the right amount of flex to keep them pinned. Very happy with this rod, you can't go wrong with it if you are looking for a Hudd rod.

Commenting to emphasize the fact that an 8.5" Custom XH might be the best Hudd throwing rod money could buy. I can cast so far that a hookset would not be an option because of the sheer distance between myself and the fish. I really mean it when I say the custom XH is the PERFECT 8" Hudd rod.

i have both the XH custom and XH production and I prefer the Production for this size rod. I like them both but the production is a very well rounded rod that can throw all types of baits and the price is unbeatable. I prefer the 8'6 also

i have both the XH custom and XH production and I prefer the Production for this size rod. I like them both but the production is a very well rounded rod that can throw all types of baits and the price is unbeatable. I prefer the 8'6 also

8'6 for sure. I felt like my dobyns 807 had too short of a handle, but I liked the length of the actual rod part. The Custom 8'6 XH is the best of both worlds. (Plus I like the rod action/power/taper on the LDC a bunch more)